DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Are you copying from a source within wineskin or outside of it?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm trying to copy text from a pdf on my mac to a story entry within my module. A month or so ago I could do this no problem. By using cmd + C to copy the text and Ctrl + V to paste it into the story. Now 99% of the time I cannot paste anything and 1% of the time I have been able to. It's baffling.

Blog Entries
    Is this the Steam version of FG on OSX or is this FG running under regular Wineskin we are taking about here guys?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Hi Zeus

Sorry I guess I should have clarified. Yes this is the Steam Version of FG on OSX.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. I'm not able to reproduce this with a fresh 5E campaign whether its the Steam version or not. I'm cutting content from a PDF with Cmd-C and pasting it in FG with Ctrl-V. I tried it in Stories, Notes and the chat window. What am I missing or doing differently guys?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I don't know. Like I said Zeus it has worked for me very occasionally. But fails more than it works so it's too frustrating to use. Krag appears to have the same problem so I know it's not just me. Not sure whether he is using Steam version also. In any case i've emailed steam support. In the meantime I decided to try and run the par5e program you created Zeus. Is it possible for me to use that to at least enter in all the text. Once inputted I imagine I'd be able to format it. But having said that I'm not sure how to even run it. When I double click the par5e icon. Nothing happens. Do I need to have something else installed before it will open?

I installed wineskin on my computer, however couldn't get it to work, so I installed the steam version. Now it seems to have a weird hybrid (go to the program through steamapps, right click the program, than open program to find a C: drive in wineskin.

It's weird, and if I knew macs better, I'd delete the everliving crap out of wineskin, never seemed to work for me anyhow.

Blog Entries
    I've been experimenting with this today and I see what you are experiencing. Fantasy Grounds only supports pasting of plain text and unfortunately, there are a number of different ctrl characters, hidden HTML and more in many sources that you may want to paste from. I played around with a couple different options to remap shortcut keys to Paste and Match Style; however, the best solution for me was to locate and install an application called PlainClip. Once installed, you can open the application with the Shift key down to set the preferences and configure it for the first time. This puts one additional step in the process to copy and paste into FG but it allows you to paste from any source (so far as I can tell.)

https://www.bluem.net/en/mac/plain-clip/

New copy and paste process:

• Highlight text you want and press Command+C
    • Launch PlainClip (it runs without an interface and normally finishes immediately)
    • Place your cursor in FG where you want it and press CTRL+V

With that setup, I was able to paste entire sections, including HTML, directly from d20pfsrd into FG.

-Doug

Thanks for trying to find the issue ddavison, I haven't tried it yet, but I'll get back to you on it whether it fixes the issue for myself.

Is there any possibility that further down the road, FG will either A. Do this itself, or B. Accept more text types, or C. This won't be an issue anymore?

Hey Doug. You're a legend.

You've just made a very frustrated man very happy indeed. Your suggestion above works and while as you say launching plainclip adds another step. I'll take it. For now. I may experiment with other similar software such as formatmatch to see if there's something that does it automatically. But for now I'm a happy and far less frustrated bunny. Hope it solves your problem too Krag.

And thanks to all who attempted to help me solve this.

Noely

Thread Information