DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Cannot Paste within Fantasy Grounds (Mac osx)

Hi there

I cannot copy and paste into Fantasy Grounds on my mac. I seem to recall before that I needed to copy and paste using cmd + C and then paste using ctrl + v but this no longer works. I am trying to simply copy some text from a pdf into a new module. But while the text will definitely copy to the clipboard I see no way of pasting said clipboard item into my FG module. Neither CMD + V or CTRL + V work. As soon as I press control (ctrl) the shortcut buttons along the bottom of the screen all change from 1 - 12 to C1 - C12. Have the keyboard commands changed? I hope someone can help me because i'm in the middle of editing a campaign. I know I managed to copy and paste before but now cannot. It's very frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help.

Noely

Blog Entries
    Are you running any AntiVirus?
    Several times we have seen WebRoot blocking the copy/paste of data into Fantasy Grounds (and other applications)...

Hi there Damned. No antivirus. It's almost as though though the keyboard controls have been remapped. When YOU press the ctrl buttton on your mac do the shortcut buttons along the bottom of FG change? I don't remember it doing this before.

The shortcut buttons along the bottom changing is fine, that's expected.

Where are you trying to paste to? If it is a story entry or an NPC, make sure that the record is unlocked.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've lately had the same issue when it comes to my mac and putting together my Rappan Athuk campaign. If I copy small amounts of text, it'll work, however there are times it doesn't at all, and I am forced to physically type the entirety of the story page.

Yes, my Mac has the bottom shortcut bar change every time I am pasting any script into FG.

I'm trying to paste into a story entry. Wherever I try to paste to I get no success. If I try to manually type text into the story it works. But pasting text that I know is on the clipboard doesn't. Does that mean it's unlocked already? If not how do I unlock it? Sorry for the trouble.

Yes, it's unlocked, and as I said before, you aren't alone :P

Well not that it's much of a consolation to you Krag but i'm glad i'm not alone in this. I thought I was going mad and had imagined it. Strange that it has happened all of a sudden. I've been on vacation for a few weeks but it definitely worked a month or so ago. Is this due to an update perhaps? And in any case is there some way we can report the problem to FG?

Having tried several times I've now discovered that mine is exactly the same as your problem Krag. A couple of times I have successfully managed to copy and paste some text and other times (even using the same portion of text) I cannot

Welcome to the suck, brother. I hope you have a fast typing capability.

Thread Information