FG Spreadshirt Swag

Applying Resist Fire to PC in CT

I'm having a problem applying fire damage to this character in the combat tracker.
    She is not resisting the fire damage from either line 1 or 2.
    Any comments appreciated.

Attachment 7243

Here is the full story with the damage from the enemy highlighted.

Attachment 7244
    Last edited by PhilFischer; August 10th, 2014 at 04:39.

Blog Entries
    I think the effect line should read:

RESIST:17 fire; RESIST: 6 electricity;

That is if the two fire resistances stack. If not then it would be a 10 instead of 17 since it's the greater of the two resists.

Effect Reference

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

You are missing a "colon" after Resist.

Should read RESIST: 6 electricity; RESIST: 7 fire etc. The resists, I think, have to be specified individually as well.

Hope that helps.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Blog Entries
    Is the 10 Fire resist constant or from a spell/ability?

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by PhilFischer View Post
    I'm having a problem applying fire damage to this character in the combat tracker.
    She is not resisting the fire damage from either line 1 or 2.
    Any comments appreciated.

Attachment 7243
    Others have commented correctly on the format of the RESIST effect.

For line 1 (Special) - this is purely informational, a place to provide notes etc. on defensive abilities. No automation will occur purely based off anything in this entry for PCs (see info on NPCs below). Effects is the way to implement automation for defensive abilities.

Note: For NPCs, the "Special" entry in defenses is populated when the NPC record is dragged to the combat tracker from the Defensive SQ (special qualities) field in the NPC record. At this point also, FG will parse this field to try to create relevant effect entries (DR, RESIST, Immune). Changing the "Special" field once an NPC is in the combat tracker won't re-parse the effects.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 10th, 2014 at 05:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks that helps everyone. What I really want is a way to add the permanent affect for being half-celestial. So each time I add the character to the CT, it gets added each time.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilFischer View Post
    Thanks that helps everyone. What I really want is a way to add the permanent affect for being half-celestial. So each time I add the character to the CT, it gets added each time.
    You can't do this automatically for a PC. You'll need to add the effects manually once the PC is added to the combat trackers. To do this, in the characters actions tab create a new "spell class", but call it effects (or similar). Add some 0 level "spell" uses, then right click on the "Level 0" heading and select "Add Spell". Give it a name, e.g. half-celestial effects, and then right click on this "spell" and select Add Spell Actions -> Add Effect and enter your half-celestial effects. Click on the the "TRGT" label on the left to change it to "SELF".

Then when the GM first adds your PC to the combat tracker, open your actions tab and click the effect button for this effect and it will be applied to your PC.

See this post for a screenshot of a PC with a bunch of effects added and some further explanation: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180570
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I never remove the PCs from the Combat Tracker, so I only ever have to add permanent or long-term effects to them once.

Thread Information