DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
    1) An easy one, I suggest change your category name to something other than db. Maybe something like Basic D&D? Or 5E Basic DnD?

2) I'd also take the dashes out of the module names, ie 5E-Monster-BasicRules change to 5E Monsters Basic Rules.
    Done. New version allows you to set the module name, category, database type, and icon. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    1) Did you use the main parse button to download the files or did you download them individually using the "Download" buttons?
    2) Did the PDFs download OK? If not, the program may fail. Try deleting the PDFs in case they are corrupt and use the main parse button only.
    3) Do you have .Net 4.5?
    4) Any files in the directory other than the executable and three PDFs?
    Thanks that helped and thanks again for making your wonderful tool

however i noticed the parse still isn't working properly check out a swarm of rats, damage resistances and condition Immunities are missing

damage resistances and condition Immunities are missing
    Thanks for the input. I was failing to output saving throws, vulnerabilities, resistances, and immunities to the mod file. Posted new version with fix. Thanks

Also the minus sign in the hit dice description isn't parsing properly. I don't think actually effects anything mechanically

Hey, this is really awesome. Is there anyway you could make it a bit more generic, in the sense that we could use the program on a txt file or on "extracted pages" of a pdf of the Player's Handbook, because there is a PDF of it out there now! In cyber-space. By cyberspace I mean [redacted - zeus]
    Last edited by Zeus; August 30th, 2014 at 20:20. Reason: Please do not link or point to illegal copies of copyright material

Is there anyway you could make it a bit more generic, in the sense that we could use the program on a txt file or on "extracted pages" of a pdf of the Player's Handbook
    I believe Par5e is exactly that.

minus sign in the hit dice description isn't parsing properly
    Fixed. Thanks for the input.

Updated. Fixed one bug mentioned. Also, now creates npcs.txt, spells.txt, backgrounds.txt, equipment.txt, tables.txt, races.txt, and referencemanual.txt for use with Par5e. All Par5e text files are in an "input" directory.

Still not perfect. I am aware of a few items I have not fixed yet including (but not limited to):
    1) Spells still do not have tables.
    2) Some text missing from races. (But it seems it might be Par5e. Text is in the file.)
    3) Reference Manual only parsed up to Spells.
    4) A few formatting issues with reference manual (sometimes lines are combined.)
    5) Waterborne Vehicles gives error in FG. (Based on Par5e thread, I believe that is the 5E ruleset, not the text.)
    6) Legendary actions missing for monsters.

tables.txt only has Trinkets (and the background tables auto-generated by Par5e.) I did not notice any other rollable tables.

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    5) Waterborne Vehicles gives error in FG. (Based on Par5e thread, I believe that is the 5E ruleset, not the text.)
    6) Legendary actions missing for monsters.
    Those two, as I understand it, are both issues with the 5e ruleset. Legendary actions do appear to parse, but they just don't have a method of being displayed or used inside FG as of yet.

Just checked this out for the first time.

Wow

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Thread Information