5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 14 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Doesn't seem to be working for me. When I press the button I get an exception error with the following details:
    I'm guessing this is due to you not having the required .NET Framework to run the app. It looks like you have .NET Framework 4.0 installed, but the error is relating to a Framework 4.5. You might want to update to v4.5 and try again. Microsoft download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down....aspx?id=30653
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updated to parse Spells & Monsters from Players Rules v0.2, DM Rules v0.1, Hoard of the Dragon Queen Supplement

May be a few formatting issues. Please let me know if you find issues with the output.

Thank you

Yayay! Spells and Monsters! Man I think that's about all I need to start a 5E game, thanks Valeros!

Really appreciate this, however Im getting an error message Exception: Empty path name is not legal.
    Last edited by hawkwind; August 23rd, 2014 at 13:07.

Im getting an error message Exception: Empty path name is not legal
    Sorry about that. I believe I have fixed the issue. I posted a new version. Thanks

Sorry, I found some big discrepancies with parsing the monsters. Please download the newest version if you are using this. It fixes a lot of issues. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the tool, Valeros. I do have some, hopefully, constructive suggestions though:

1) An easy one, I suggest change your category name to something other than db. Maybe something like Basic D&D? Or 5E Basic DnD?

2) I'd also take the dashes out of the module names, ie 5E-Monster-BasicRules change to 5E Monsters Basic Rules.

3) This one would be a lot more work. If you are going to do a seperate monster manual then I suggest you make full use of the right pane of the library pop up to find and select subsets of monsters. Instead of just putting Monsters (227) in the right pane, instead populate the pane with links to every monster. In the link to each monster put:

a) the monster's name
    b) the monster's Challenge Rating (CR)
    c) the monster's type

I.E. the links for a few entries would be:

Acolyte CR 1/4 humanoid
    Adult White Dragon CR 13 dragon
    Bugbear CR 01 humanoid (goblinoid)

This would allow you to search for a monster by name, lock in a subset of CR 03 monsters, select all types of goblinoids, ect.

Still not working for me. I download the modules via the parser then nothing happens, no modules no error message. I have done a file search on *. Mod just to check that my none standard FG installation hasn't confused the parser.

Uploaded new version that allows you to set the module name, module category, database type, and icon. (No real error checking done on those yet, so program will crash if you enter bad names.)

Still not working for me. I download the modules via the parser then nothing happens, no modules no error message
    1) Did you use the main parse button to download the files or did you download them individually using the "Download" buttons?
    2) Did the PDFs download OK? If not, the program may fail. Try deleting the PDFs in case they are corrupt and use the main parse button only.
    3) Do you have .Net 4.5?
    4) Any files in the directory other than the executable and three PDFs?

Thread Information