5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 14 First ... 311121314 Last
    Thank you. Hoping to figure this out, lol

Blog Entries
    The basic Parser will just *work* (providing you have .net installed).
    It also creates some base files for using with Par5e. Par5e is a little more complicated but using these files still easy.

If you get stuck - save yourself the hassle and get it for $3 in STore.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...5EDDBASICRULES

Yeah, figured that out. Really simple design, lol. Great start to making custom campaigns and stuff.

Good morning everyone, I tried using the parser after trying out par5e to build my Basic Rules Module as practice. Everything ran great in par5e until I started trying to create the equipment.txt file. Each time I try to open the equipment entries I get a Script Error: [string "common/scripts/windowtitlebar.lua"]:18: attempt to index local 'nodeTitle' (a nil value) no matter what I do. Tried replacing the equipment.txt file with the one this parser created but I still get the same error. Any ideas? I'm Kind of stumped atm.

EDIT: Solved... I forgot to reparse! Derp.
    Last edited by MrGoodbytes; May 24th, 2015 at 14:53.

I was wondering if this is what I need to use to add the other domains for the cleric class in 5e. It has the life domain but not the light or knowledge domain. I haven't checked yet but i'm assuming other classes are missing similar stuff as well. How do I go about adding these things as part of the class?

Blog Entries
    Hi Yrislov and welcome. This isnt the tool you need - that is Par5e - however this tool can create a base file for you and you can edit the base file to add your extras in and then run it thru Par5e.

Thank you.

ok sounds complicated lol

I tried running the par5e tool but it was so small I couldn't read any of the text. I tried lowering my resolution to 1024 x 768 but that didn't seem to work. I'll have to read the tutorials and see if they help. Thank you for the quick reply.
    Last edited by Yrislov; December 11th, 2016 at 04:29.

Blog Entries
    Hi Yrislov it should be quite readable at that resolution. It is impossible for me to read on my Surface 4 with 2736x1824 on a 12" screen - I dont think I could have read that when I was a kid! On my 1920x1080 17" laptop its quite ok.

question from a noob..how exactly do I use this parser? none of the buttons seem to work....

Hi SonofCthae, welcome to FG.

As far as I can remember you just download the file, unzip it and double click the resulting .exe file. The program then downloads the files and par5es them
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information