DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    I know this is a newbie question, but after I create the modules with this... how do I then add new items to it? For example, I run this and it creates a module for all the spells included with the free basic version of the game. But one of my players has a spell from the Players Handbook (Mending). So she added it by hand to her character sheet, and I would like to move it (or copy it) into the module so that it can easily be shared with other players and future games (i.e. a different campaign in Fantasy Grounds).

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    its not so straight forward.
    to actually add items to it you need to open it in a text editor and examine the code and add the new entries in.

another suggestion is once you start adding your own entries you can export the new monsters and spells to your own module (/export in chat window https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export). if you maintain this campaign you can update your export using the merge options.
    This will result in a second (basic plus yours) source module for your new stuff.
    this is the easiest method.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxferre View Post
    Kevin, thank you for the prompt response.

I have the same error as ilustrated by Cabrones, in post #59. I'm curious if he could solve the problem.

I use Microsoft Network 4.5.1 (portuguese), on a Windows 7 64-bit. I tried running the application from everywhere in the computer. I have downloaded the printer-friendly pdf files, and I let the application download them. Still no success.

Also, if I click "Select Thumbnail" and after that I cancel the "Open" window, the application shows also an error "path with invalid format".

Wilson
    Same here, but with NET 4.5.1 (Polish). I installed NET 4.5.2. Disabled Antivirus software. N O T H I N G. :/

But I did some digging and it's normal that framework setting is displayed as 4.0, even if it's 4.5. So I guesss framework version is ok. Gotta check on my laptop tommorow if the problem persits there.

LATER: Checked at work - the same problem. At home I have Win7 Home Edition 64-bit, at work it's Win7 Professional, also x64. Gonna try with 32-bit version of Windows.

LATER: Fresh Win7 Pro 32bit with fresh NET 4.5, fully updated Windows, same result as always.
    Last edited by kane280484; December 30th, 2014 at 10:37.

hi guys ,
    i still have same problem than Kane. i tried to download each pdf then update with last version of .NET but nothing happened.
    Always same mistake at start.
    tried on W8 64bits and W7 64bits too.
    Code:
    ************** Texte de l'exception **************
    System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
       à System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
       à System.Double.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.TextBlockParser.Parse(String textBlockString, Fonts fonts)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.PageTextBlocksParser.Parse(String streamAsString, Fonts fonts)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.PageReader.ReadPage(Int32 pageObjectNumber)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.PDFReader.ReadPage(Int32 pageNumber)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.MonstersReader.ReadMonsterTextBlocks(RulesFile rulesFile, Int32 firstPage, Int32 lastPage, String firstMonsterName)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.MonstersReader.ReaDMRulesMonsters()
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.MonstersReader.ReadAll()
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.Model.ParseMonsters()
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.Model.ProcessMonsters()
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.Presenter.ProcessMonsters()
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.Presenter.DownloadAndParse(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       à DnDBasicRulesParser.MainForm.parseButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
    mscorlib
        Version de l'assembly*: 4.0.0.0
        Version Win32*: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    DnDBasicRulesParser
        Version de l'assembly*: 1.0.0.0
        Version Win32*: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase*: file:///E:/JDR/5E%20Basic%20Rules%20Parser%202014_1102/5E%20Basic%20Rules%20Parser.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        Version Win32*: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        Version Win32*: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    mscorlib.resources
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
        CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
    Sorry about French language in log.
    Last edited by kael79; December 30th, 2014 at 16:27.
    MJ / Modeur français.
    Tuto FG2 / Replays : https://www.youtube.com/user/kael79000/
    Communauté JDRVirtuel :
    https://jdrvirtuel.com/

The French language you've mentioned led me to a solution. What do all these computers causing trouble have in common? Native language other than English - Polish in my case, French in your case, one guy had Portuguese version. Thus, they use other formats for numbers. I.e. number 1,024 in Poland we write 1024, without comma separator. A program was written by Valeros, who is, I guess, American or Australian, and used his native coding format. Not to mention all numbers in pdfs are coded in English format, i.e. XP 1,200.

I'm not sure how it looks in other language versions Windows, but I guess it's sth like this: go to Control Panel -> Clock, Language & Regional settings -> Change format of numbers -> set it to English (U.S.)

In my case it worked fine, and I am quite sure in your case it will work as well.

(I feel like I've rolled natural 20 on Intelligence check)
    Last edited by kane280484; December 30th, 2014 at 18:27.

Thank you Kane280484 ! Great job !
    MJ / Modeur français.
    Tuto FG2 / Replays : https://www.youtube.com/user/kael79000/
    Communauté JDRVirtuel :
    https://jdrvirtuel.com/

Thanks kane290484! Awesome!

(I knew it had something to do with English, but had no idea what would fix it.)

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    The French language you've mentioned led me to a solution. What do all these computers causing trouble have in common? Native language other than English - Polish in my case, French in your case, one guy had Portuguese version. Thus, they use other formats for numbers. I.e. number 1,024 in Poland we write 1024, without comma separator. A program was written by Valeros, who is, I guess, American or Australian, and used his native coding format. Not to mention all numbers in pdfs are coded in English format, i.e. XP 1,200.

I'm not sure how it looks in other language versions Windows, but I guess it's sth like this: go to Control Panel -> Clock, Language & Regional settings -> Change format of numbers -> set it to English (U.S.)

In my case it worked fine, and I am quite sure in your case it will work as well.

(I feel like I've rolled natural 20 on Intelligence check)
    It finally works .
    Thx you so so much Kane.
    I'll create a special npc with an extra +3 on Intelligence during my next campaign !!! (what about his name ... Kane OverBrain ? )
    Let me know XD

This does not bring in the NPCs? I did find the monsters, but I was hoping to not have to put it all in by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    This does not bring in the NPCs? I did find the monsters, but I was hoping to not have to put it all in by hand.
    Point 5 in the list in post #1 mentions that they aren't automatically created. Text files for use with PAR5E are created though, so you can use these with PAR5E to create your module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information