DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    No worries. Really good for your first extension - especially doing database event driven code.
    Thanks.

Quick update: Turned off Debug

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Blog Entries

Update

9 Aug, 2014: Release 1.2

• Error on more than 16 of a single monster/npc. Fixed.
    • Calculations for creatures less than 1 CR are not working properly. Fixed.
    • Top CR increased to 30 from 25.

I have plans to have the maximum CR calculated as a user setting.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Resire

EDIT: I really need to remember to turn off my debug code before I update here....
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 9th, 2014 at 23:28.

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Blog Entries

XP Multiplier Sneak Peak

Attachment 7235

Currently working on adding in the xp multiplier functionality. This is the layout I've come up with so far.

(I haven't coded in the value for the Base XP box yet.)

Resire

My Projects

This is a really useful tool. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    This is a really useful tool. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    No problem. I'm enjoying the learning experience from making it.

Resire

My Projects

Blog Entries

Feature Question for the Community

I'm currently working on setting up the options for the XP Calculator. Right now I have it set to turn off the xp multiplier if the XP Calculator is turned off.

Would you guys like for the xp multiplier to be separate from the XP Calculator On/Off switch, or keep it as is?

Attachment 7241 Attachment 7242

Also want to gauge interest on an option to calculate CR when manually entering a XP value.

Resire

My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by RTFallen View Post
    I'm currently working on setting up the options for the XP Calculator. Right now I have it set to turn off the xp multiplier if the XP Calculator is turned off.

Would you guys like for the xp multiplier to be separate from the XP Calculator On/Off switch, or keep it as is?
    I like it as is. I'm assuming the option being greyed out does just that (greys it out), it doesn't alter any multiplier you might have previously entered?

Also want to gauge interest on an option to calculate CR when manually entering a XP value.
    This would be a nice feature. Also, it might be nice to do it the other way around as well - enter CR and it populates the XP value. These would both allow the GM to give out XP for "social" encounters quickly and easily - either way they enter the result CR give XP, entering XP indicates equivalent CR.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I like it as is. I'm assuming the option being greyed out does just that (greys it out), it doesn't alter any multiplier you might have previously entered?
    It gets greyed out and set to Read Only, but doesn't change the multiplier that's in the box.

This would be a nice feature. Also, it might be nice to do it the other way around as well - enter CR and it populates the XP value. These would both allow the GM to give out XP for "social" encounters quickly and easily - either way they enter the result CR give XP, entering XP indicates equivalent CR.
    I can have it go both ways. I will have to alter calcXp function slightly, but shouldn't take too much.

Thanks for the input.

Resire

My Projects

Blog Entries

Layout Preview-ish

Attachment 7248

Not sure I like it. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Resire

My Projects

Not sure I like it. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    I was thinking that there would just be onUpdate code in both the XP and CR fields that would update the other field if the first was changed. The CR to XP mapping is pretty much set, at least in PF, so would there be an issue coding this way? There'd need to be a flag used to stop it looping between the two when one updates the other you wouldn't want that to then try to update the first back based off the onUpdate code.

Thread Information