DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Auto XP Calculator (Extension)

Not compatible with FG v3.2.x

As of FG v3.2.x the Pathfinder ruleset has this functionality built in. Briefly mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post315680

An extension to automate the updating of the CR and XP values in the encounter window.
    PFRPG

3.5E
    • Version: 1.2
    • Download: Attachment 7281
    • Note for DMG XP Rules: The calculations in the encounter screen only allow to estimate how much a single character will receive for the encounter (this number will carry over to the party screen). All individual character XP calculations are done when you award XP for the encounter through the party screen. Encounters with just XP and no npcs/monsters will be divided among all characters in the party evenly.

Install: Put the ext file in the {FG DATA}\extensions folder.

Pictures: In Post #3

Planned Updates:
    • [Both]
      • Party sheet XP automation.
        Looking to automate the XP required to auto increment when a character levels and send a level up message to the user of the character. (Would love to add the victory sound bite from FF VII, but that's copyrighted. )
      • Check for dead/unconscious party members during XP distribution.
    • [3.5E]
      • Auto calculate APL from Party Sheet.
      • Increase character level/APL support up to 40. (Currently 30)

Other Thoughts:
    With the differences in the XP rules in the two rulesets I'm thinking it's best to leave them as two separate extensions.

Credits:
    Thanks Dakadin for helping me figure out where to start.
    Thanks to both Trenloe and Dakadin for helping me when I'm stuck.

Requests

• XP multiplier box. (Completed)
    • Option to toggle on and off. (Completed)

Known Issues:

[3.5E]
    • CR Calculations not correct.

CC License

Auto XP Calculator by J.A. Kerns is licensed under a
    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 24th, 2017 at 20:13. Reason: Update - Added CC License

Blog Entries

Updates

16 Aug, 2014: Release [PFRPG]1.3.2 | [3.5E]1.2

General:
    [Both]
    • [Bug] Changing the multiplier or clicking the multiplier switch zeros out XP. Fixed.

[PFRPG]
    • [Bug] Manual CR entry can cause fractional XP. Fixed.
    • [Enc Window Design] Altered options position to look more like 3.5E version.

[3.5E]
    • [Bug] Updating APL doesn't recalculate XP. Fixed.
    • [Bug] Having a number greater than 30 in APL throws an error. Fixed.

Features:
    [3.5E]
    • [New Feature] DMG XP calculation rules now available.
      Note: The calculations in the encounter screen allow you to estimate how much a single character will receive for the encounter (this number will carry over to the party screen). All individual character XP calculations are done when you award XP for the encounter through the party screen. Encounters with just XP and no npcs/monsters will be divided among all characters in the party evenly.

Options:
    [3.5E]
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: XP Rules
      • Values DMG|APL
      • Default DMG

13 Aug, 2014: Release [3.5E]1.0.1

General:
    • [Bug] Script error in calculator.lua. Fixed.

13 Aug, 2014: Release [PFRPG]1.3.1 | [3.5E]1.0

General:
    • [PFRPG]
      • [Bug] Script error found in manual entry CR to XP calculations. Fixed.
      • [Bug] Calculations looping a second time after adding a npc and changing npc count. Fixed.
      • Code cleaned up.
    • [3.5E]
      • [Release] Version 1.0 released.
        Note:This is a variant from my old gaming group that uses APL to calculate overall party experience to save time at the table. It is going to take me a little more time to create the extension using the rules from the DMG.

10 Aug, 2014: Release 1.3

Features:
    • [New Feature] Option menu items added.
    • [New Feature] Turn XP Calculator on and off.
    • [New Feature] XP Multiplier
    • [New Feature] XP calculated when CR number entered manually and vice versa.
    • [New Feature] Toggle arrow added to be able to hide the XP Calculator and Multiplier toggles.

Options Menu:
    • [New Option Header] Extension Options (GM)
    • [New Option] XP Calculator
      • Values On|Off
      • Default On
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Hide Options
      • Values Show|Hide
      • Default Show
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Max CR
      • Values 25|30|35|40
      • Default 25
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Multiplier
      • Values On|Off
      • Default Off
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Multiplier Default Value
      • Values 50% XP|75% XP|100% XP|125% XP|150% XP
      • Default 100% XP

9 Aug, 2014: Release 1.2

• Error on more than 16 of a single monster/npc. Fixed.
    • Calculations for creatures less than 1 CR are not working properly. Fixed.
    • Top CR increased to 30 from 25.

7 Aug, 2014: Release 1.1

• Custom CR and XP values are set to 0 on closure of the encounter window. Fixed.
    • Cleaned up some of the code. (Still in progress.)
    • Added a PF_ prefix to the extension file for ruleset designation.
    • Extension packaged properly.

7 Aug, 2014: Release 1.0

• A basic PFRPG version is now available for download.
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 16th, 2014 at 16:08. Reason: Update

Blog Entries

Pictures

Option Menus

3.5E Encounter Windows

PFRPG Encounter Window

Last edited by RTFallen; August 17th, 2014 at 05:51.

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

When you are hired for programming and you make money, remember the little people :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krag View Post
    When you are hired for programming and you make money, remember the little people :P
    This is more of a hobby for me, so I don't really ever plan on making any money off of it.

If it helps the community, then that's payment enough for me.

Resire
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 7th, 2014 at 20:13.

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Nice one. By-the-way, you have zipped up the folder to create the extension - so there is a folder within the zipped file. This means it won't show up for activation.

When you zip up the extension you need to do it from within the folder - select all of the files at the first level of the extension and zip those up. You should see the extension.xml file as soon as you open the zipped file, if you see a folder name only then FG will not recognise it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Additionally, calculations don't work correctly for multiple creatures of less than 1 CR. Add a creature in with CR 0.5 and then make it 2 creatures - the CR jumps to 2.5. I understand where that's coming from...

You might find it easier to calculate all of the XP for the encounter as a whole and then work the total CR back from the total encounter XP - this will make it much easier to work out the total encounter CR especially for multiple creatures with different CRs in the encounter, especially if there are creatures with less than 1 CR.

So, I'd recommend, using the crToXp table to work out the individual XP of each creature, multiply by the number of creatures, add all of the different creature XPs together and then use crToXp again to work backwards to get the CR based off the total XP for the whole encounter.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 7th, 2014 at 20:48.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nice one. By-the-way, you have zipped up the folder to create the extension - so there is a folder within the zipped file. This means it won't show up for activation.

When you zip up the extension you need to do it from within the folder - select all of the files at the first level of the extension and zip those up. You should see the extension.xml file as soon as you open the zipped file, if you see a folder name only then FG will not recognise it.
    Thanks, fixed it. That's what I get for working until I almost face plant my keyboard.

Resire

My Projects

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Additionally, calculations don't work correctly for multiple creatures of less than 1 CR. Add a creature in with CR 0.5 and then make it 2 - the CR jumps to 2.5.

You might find it easier to calculate all of the XP for the encounter as a whole and then work the total CR back from the total encounter XP - this will make it much easier to work out the total encounter CR especially for multiple creatures with different CRs in the encounter, especially if there are creatures with less than 1 CR.

So, I'd recommend, using the crToXp table to work out the individual XP of each creature, multiply by the number of creatures, add all of the different creature XPs together and then use crToXp again to work backwards to get the CR based off the total XP for the whole encounter.
    Will take a look at that when I'm not tired. Don't want to screw anything up.

Resire

My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by RTFallen View Post
    Will take a look at that when I'm not tired. Don't want to screw anything up.

Resire
    No worries. Really good for your first extension - especially doing database event driven code.

Thread Information