DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I was thinking that there would just be onUpdate code in both the XP and CR fields that would update the other field if the first was changed. The CR to XP mapping is pretty much set, at least in PF, so would there be an issue coding this way? There'd need to be a flag used to stop it looping between the two when one updates the other you wouldn't want that to then try to update the first back based off the onUpdate code.
    I've slept on it, and I'm going to see how the onLoseFocus() function works for this. Wouldn't have to worry about coding to stop a loop that way.

Resire

EDIT: Didn't like the feel of using the onLoseFocus() function. Created functions with removeHandler() and addHandler() functions to remove then re-add the opposite handler. Not sure how efficient this is, but it's working.
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 11th, 2014 at 02:58. Reason: Edit

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Blog Entries

Update

10 Aug, 2014: Release 1.3

Features:
    • [New Feature] Option menu items added.
    • [New Feature] Turn XP Calculator on and off.
    • [New Feature] XP Multiplier
    • [New Feature] XP calculated when CR number entered manually and vice versa.
    • [New Feature] Toggle arrow added to be able to hide the XP Calculator and Multiplier toggles.

Options Menu:
    • [New Option Header] Extension Options (GM)
    • [New Option] XP Calculator
      • Values On|Off
      • Default On
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Hide Options
      • Values Show|Hide
      • Default Show
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Max CR
      • Values 25|30|35|40
      • Default 25
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Multiplier
      • Values On|Off
      • Default Off
    • [New Option] XP Calculator: Multiplier Default Value
      • Values 50% XP|75% XP|100% XP|125% XP|150% XP
      • Default 100% XP

The Max CR option is for all encounters. All other options are saved in each encounter individually, the options only set the default values when a new encounter is created.

Resire
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 11th, 2014 at 14:23.

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Spent some time building encounters tonight. I didn't play around with the multipliers, but the rest worked pretty well. I doubt the fractional CR results are truly accurate but that doesn't really matter. XP totaling from monsters added to the encounter so I don't need to look it up is what I wanted. Nice job.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout View Post
    Spent some time building encounters tonight. I didn't play around with the multipliers, but the rest worked pretty well. I doubt the fractional CR results are truly accurate but that doesn't really matter. XP totaling from monsters added to the encounter so I don't need to look it up is what I wanted. Nice job.
    Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying it.

With the fractional results there is going to be a margin of error since I have it rounding to the nearest hundredth. Fractional CRs of x.25, x.5, and x.75 should be close to accurate.

Resire

My Projects

Blog Entries

Possible Layout for 3.5E Version

With the addition of Avg. Party Level things got a little cramped in the "detailframe". Here is an alternative that I'm considering for the layout of the 3.5E version of the extension:

Attachment 7263

Resire

My Projects

This is going to reduce my prep time setting up encounters and random encounters in-game. I really like how you have made this merge seamlessly into the encounter window so that I looks like it has always been there. Thank you for sharing your most excellent work.

I'd vote for making this default functionality in the 3.5 / PFRPG rulesets, that is if you, SW and other users wanted that.

I second the motion. Nice job.

With 3.0.7 released today it will be worth checking that this is still compatible with the updated ruleset. Check that the files you modified from the 3.5e ruleset haven't been updated in this latest release. If they have, you'll need to merge your extension code into the new files to make this fully compatible with FG 3.0.7. It's a pain - this has to be done each time the ruleset is updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I second the motion. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTroll View Post
    This is going to reduce my prep time setting up encounters and random encounters in-game. I really like how you have made this merge seamlessly into the encounter window so that I looks like it has always been there. Thank you for sharing your most excellent work.

I'd vote for making this default functionality in the 3.5 / PFRPG rulesets, that is if you, SW and other users wanted that.
    Thanks! I'm glad you both enjoy it. And if SW wanted to add my code into the ruleset it would be an honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    With 3.0.7 released today it will be worth checking that this is still compatible with the updated ruleset. Check that the files you modified from the 3.5e ruleset haven't been updated in this latest release. If they have, you'll need to merge your extension code into the new files to make this fully compatible with FG 3.0.7. It's a pain - this has to be done each time the ruleset is updated.
    No changes made to the files I've altered. Also went in and checked the current released version for bugs and didn't find any. It still functions in the latest FG release.

I hope to be releasing the 3.5E version of the extension soon. I can honestly say I am glad I switched over to PF after fighting with the XP reward table for 3.5E.

Resire
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 13th, 2014 at 06:54.

My Projects

Blog Entries

Update

13 Aug, 2014: Release [PFRPG]1.3.1 | [3.5E]1.0

General
    • [PFRPG]
      • [Bug] Script error found in manual entry CR to XP calculations. Fixed.
      • [Bug] Calculations looping a second time after adding a npc and changing npc count. Fixed.
      • Code cleaned up.
    • [3.5E]
      • [Release] Version 1.0 released.
        Note:This is a variant from my old gaming group that uses APL to calculate overall party experience to save time at the table. It is going to take me a little more time to create the extension using the rules from the DMG.

My Projects

Thread Information