STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is simply a table to make "maths" easier. It is the "abstract XP" method mentioned here, and is not that standard method: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...ing-experience

As FG can do all of the maths and calculations for you, it uses the "exact XP" method. FG is correct for this method, which is the standard method for Pathfinder: "Keep a list of the CRs of all the monsters, traps, obstacles, and roleplaying encounters the PCs overcome. At the end of each session, award XP to each PC that participated. Each monster, trap, and obstacle awards a set amount of XP, as determined by its CR, regardless of the level of the party in relation to the challenge..."
    Hoo ok !
    Last edited by Sasmira; December 11th, 2016 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is simply a table to make "maths" easier. It is the "abstract XP" method mentioned here, and is not that standard method: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...ing-experience
    Trenloe, if this is true, then why isn't it built into the ruleset instead of an extension. This calculation is built into the 5e ruleset, which is why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Trenloe, if this is true, then why isn't it built into the ruleset instead of an extension.
    Because the devs haven't put it in the ruleset. It's up to them, not me.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    ba, it'snt true in Pathfinder ... for 1600XP when you are 4 players, you win 400XP by player and when you are 5 players, you win 400XP by player too ...
    Any issue with this particular calculation one way or the other would be a ruleset issue and have nothing to do with this extension.

... And what Trenloe said as far as the particulars of the issue.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Trenloe, if this is true, then why isn't it built into the ruleset instead of an extension. This calculation is built into the 5e ruleset, which is why I ask.
    There are two different issues in play here. Calculating XP from CR.. which is what this extension does but the ruleset does not.. and how that XP is divided once it is calculated which the ruleset/party sheet handles all on it's own.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Right. I get it. I thought that the devs took extension code that is cannon and placed it in updates. I'm just saying that if everyone agrees this extension is cannon PFRPG, it should be merged into that ruleset on one of the very next updates. Before SW got the 5e license from WOTC, we PFRPG guys constituted a lot more of their revenue source (at least based upon the forum traffic). Now, SW has to go where their bread is buttered, and I get that, but if someone comes up with an extension that implements cannon stuff that is already in 5e, it just seems it should make the cut on a near-term update maybe for us PFRPG folks?

I believe this extension is still broken post-3.2.0 for 3.5e

Attachment 17523
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

The Pathfinder CR/XP auto-calculation is now built in.

For 3.5E, the rules for CR/XP are quite convoluted and require GM involvement. So, they were not implemented.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon,

I should probably mention this in a different thread, but found an issue with the new built in auto calculator.

If you generate the encounter from the random encounter section the auto calculator is not implemented.

Attachment 17551
    Last edited by Trashkicker; January 21st, 2017 at 18:26. Reason: Added Image

Quote Originally Posted by Trashkicker View Post
    I should probably mention this in a different thread, but found an issue with the new built in auto calculator.

If you generate the encounter from the random encounter section the auto calculator is not implemented.

Attachment 17551
    Unlock the encounter to access the refresh/update buttons.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information