DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Dual-Monitor support?

So I am loving this program. Only had it about a week now and have been playing around with options and such. I've noticed that as a GM I usually could use more table space. I decided to hook up my second monitor, but there doesn't appear to be a dual monitor support option. I can stretch the program across the two screens but since they operate on two resolutions, it looks pretty horrid. Just curious if there is another means of running dual monitors or if there is a plan in the future to add this sort of feature?

Stretching it across 2 screens is what you have to do currently.

There is an entry for this in the FG wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=54190 Go ahead and vote!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Up voted, and thanks for the help on both my quandaries.

So in that Idea Moon Wizard talks about 2 instances and Connection with the second using "localhost". I tried it and it worked ok (other than having 2 chat boxes and 2 menu sections it was ok).

moon_wizard, 19.07.2015, 13:51
    All the things you mention can be done today, by running 2 instances of FG on same machine and placing each instance on its own monitor.

In fact, this works better, since you then have a GM instance with all GM info, and a player instance with player only info that is shared to projected surface. I have heard reports that most GMs using FG for live play use it in this way.

moon_wizard, 20.07.2015, 00:55
    Only one license is required to run 2 instances on the same machine. Just connect to "localhost" for the host name when you Join Game on the second instance.

But the issue is that only works for GM's. As a player I would want to be able to do the same thing, is there a way without actually connecting to the host but connecting to mine
    Last edited by Samarex; November 23rd, 2015 at 23:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    But the issue is that only works for GM's. As a player I would want to be able to do the same thing, is there a way without actually connecting to the host but connecting to mine
    No, you can only run one instance of FG as a player connected to the same campaign on the same computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, you can log into as many characters as you like on each player instance, so there's rarely need for more than one player instance anyway.

Regards,
    JPG

So there is no possable way to get a second monitor involved if your a player. you can only have a second monitor if your a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, you can log into as many characters as you like on each player instance, so there's rarely need for more than one player instance anyway.

Regards,
    JPG
    Its not the idea of more than one player its wanting to have more space to play the 1 player with.

Ok I concede on the Dual Monitor .( I have lowered the resolution of my primary mon to match the height of my secondary mon so that I can do the Stretch Option)
    This works until hopefully Dual Mon support can be put in. (Or at least into Table Top Connect)
    But have a small request I don't think it would be too hard as most of it is all ready there.
    Could use 2 slash commands. 1- /saveuisettings 2-loaduisettings
    Right now after I went thru and set up all my windows the way I want them on my table top and saved it I searched and found the windowstate.xml. now I copied that in another campaign and loaded that campaign and it worked perfect all the windows open in the same position.
    So for save command it would prompt for a file name and save it in a folder somewhere in the game.
    then when you want to apply it to a new campaign you could do the load command -select the file from a prompt- and it would save it in the current open campaign as windowstate.xml

Just a Idea

Blog Entries
    Hi Samarex... do the drag across two screens - its not perfect but it does work.

Thread Information