FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    The process should look roughly like this, per monster:
    1. Copy the entire page (except for the initial monster name), including the short description at the top, and the flavor description following the stat block.
    2. Insert an "EXTRA FORMATTED DATA" line (make sure it's on its own line) between the end of the stat block and the flavor description.
    3. Change the monster name on the CR line to be mixed-case instead of all-upper.
    4. Format the flavor description text by surrounding each paragraph with <p> or <h>, and using <b>, <i>, <u> as necessary to simulate the formatting in the PDF.

And obviously run the whole thing through the creature parser and fix any errors before uploading it here.
    For formatting, do I need the closing, i.e. <p></p> or just <p><p>.
    Ultimate License holder.

Server Alias: idle jump epic luck
    Chat type: Teamspeak3 Server: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers
    Please make sure you have a headset and mic.

What about the templates or "creating a xxx creature" stuff?
    Ultimate License holder.

Quote Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
    The text has to properly formatted FG formatted "XML" - so you will need to close all tags that are opened.

See the example at the bottom of post #2: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post169001
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What about the templates or "creating a xxx creature" stuff?
    It would be nice to have as much as possible. But, just do what you want to do. That may result in a "lop-sided" module though...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! One last question. Looking at the Fey Creature entry, how would you recommend I format the table for HD/Special Abilities found on page 117?
    Ultimate License holder.

Create a table using <table></table>, <tr></tr>, and <td></td> tags.

Sorry, left the closing tags out for brevity, but yes you need both open and closing tags.

The only part I'm not doing, is if there's a group of creatures (Thriae for instance) that have a detailed description page preceding the all the monsters in that group. Trenloe could maybe figure out a way to work those into the final module, but they definitely won't run through the creature parser. Other than that, I'm trying to include everything for each specific monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It would be nice to have as much as possible. But, just do what you want to do. That may result in a "lop-sided" module though...

Full list of supported tags here in the "internal representation" section: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...extcontrol.xcp

The <h> (header) <table> and <list> tags are good ones to format the text nicely.

For example, here is the end result for the Aasimar from Bestiary 1 (code in post #2 of the parser thread):

Last edited by Trenloe; August 1st, 2014 at 20:49.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    The process should look roughly like this, per monster:
    1. Copy the entire page (except for the initial monster name), including the short description at the top, and the flavor description following the stat block.
    2. Insert an "EXTRA FORMATTED DATA" line (make sure it's on its own line) between the end of the stat block and the flavor description.
    3. Change the monster name on the CR line to be mixed-case instead of all-upper.
    4. Format the flavor description text by surrounding each paragraph with <p> or <h>, and using <b>, <i>, <u> as necessary to simulate the formatting in the PDF.

And obviously run the whole thing through the creature parser and fix any errors before uploading it here.
    I'll go back and enter update A-D after I get N-S done.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Thread Information