DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Bestiary 3- Group effort to produce PFRPG module with spells.

MODERATOR:

The posts below have been moved from another thread to one specific for this topic.

In order to produce a FG module for the Pathfinder Bestiary 3 OGL content that includes spell entries, I am putting out a call for community members to help out copy/pasting the text from a Paizo Bestiary 3 PDF into a text file - do not use non-Paizo PDFs as the OCR isn't usually 100% correct and results in errors. You could use the PRD entries, but make sure you produce a text file in ANSI format that doesn't have any strange characters and remove all blank lines within an individual creature statblock. We are splitting the process up into letter portions (A-Z) to reduce the workload overall. I will then combine and run through the creature parser to produce a Bestiary 3 module that I will post in the modules thread on this forum for all to use and enjoy.

If interested community members would like to help out, reply to this thread with the letter/s section you would like to cover.

The following is a list of who is doing which section, with a status.

Letter Range Who? Status
    A - D RTFallen Done.
    E-G hangarflying Done.
    H-M darrenan Done
    N-S RTFallen Done.
    T - Z darrenan Done.

Module Download: PF-SRD-Bestiary-3.zip

Attached is the end text document used to produce the FG module using the PFRPG Creature Parser v2.0.0.8.

------------------------------------------

People contributing would need to use the latest Paizo PDF - so that the copy/paste works as closely as possible.
    Would copying from the PRD work as well?

Resire
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 11th, 2014 at 14:29. Reason: Update

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by RTFallen View Post
    Would copying from the PRD work as well?

Resire
    It's harder as the formatting doesn't come across the same. The parser was specifically written to allow direct copy/paste from the Paizo PDFs.

This doesn't mean that you can't use the PRD - but it would require further formatting to be done to make it work, which might end up with it not saving me any time if I had to reformat entries.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll help. Just picked up a copy of the PDF. I can probably find some time this weekend to work on it. I'll tentatively take the U-Z range.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's harder as the formatting doesn't come across the same. The parser was specifically written to allow direct copy/paste from the Paizo PDFs.

This doesn't mean that you can't use the PRD - but it would require further formatting to be done to make it work, which might end up with it not saving me any time if I had to reformat entries.
    I'll see what I can do. I have the test file you gave out for the Bestiary 4 community effort, so I'll check formatting off of that.

I'll take A-D.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by RTFallen View Post
    I'll see what I can do. I have the test file you gave out for the Bestiary 4 community effort, so I'll check formatting off of that.
    Cool.

One of the big gotchas is to make sure you're using ANSI characters, not UTF-8 in the text document. If you paste into Notepad++, select Encoding -> ANSI before you paste. And, of course, removing all the blank lines after pasting. There should only be blank lines between individual creatures.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll help. Let me know what letter range you want me to do.
    Ultimate License holder.

Server Alias: idle jump epic luck
    Chat type: Teamspeak3 Server: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers
    Please make sure you have a headset and mic.

Quote Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
    I'll help. Let me know what letter range you want me to do.
    Great, thanks. How about E-G?

E-G, Roger! Is there a requested deadline, or just as soon as I can get it done? I should be able to get started on it tomorrow.
    Ultimate License holder.

Server Alias: idle jump epic luck
    Chat type: Teamspeak3 Server: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers
    Please make sure you have a headset and mic.

Quote Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
    E-G, Roger! Is there a requested deadline, or just as soon as I can get it done? I should be able to get started on it tomorrow.
    Within the next week or so should be fine - we don't even have all of the letters covered yet and there's been a Bestiary 3 module around for a while, so it's not super urgent but would be nice to get done...

There aren't any U's, I'm doing T-Z.

Thread Information