DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    pretty much everything sold here costs the same as the source material in PDF format...
    that has been deemed the fairest to the publisher, to the converter and to smiteworks.
    that is potentially one issue - at this time, right now, WoTC have said that the Basic PDF is the only PDF they want to release...
    so a conversion might be priced against the hardback...

Ah, I get it. I thought if it's digital, it costs less due to lack of printing and distribution costs. Maybe I'll stick to Monster Manual, the lack of rest is bereable.

I wish it was possible to pay for someone to parse the corebooks for me as well, it is a frustrating process. I can't say I'm not learning anything though, at least.

Is this still a possibility? Should I wait before attempting to parse all this? If not, then can I parse like I did for 4E using the new 5E parser and a subscription to D&D Insider or will it still be as complicated as in the videos you posted on how to parse the free ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There is a distinct possibility that official 5E content may soon become available for FG, my advice would be to wait a week or two before you embark on manual parsing of data, hopefully there will be more news to share by then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazz2323 View Post
    Is this still a possibility? Should I wait before attempting to parse all this? If not, then can I parse like I did for 4E using the new 5E parser and a subscription to D&D Insider or will it still be as complicated as in the videos you posted on how to parse the free ruleset?
    The reality is it will happen if and when it happens. Contract negotiations can take forever and WoTC/Hasbro dont hand these things over lightly.
    Use Valeros basic parser to give you 2 .mods in 5mins. It also creates some basic files to use in Par5e.

Par5e does require a lot of effort. First you have to scan the manuals, then OCR them, then clean up the artifacts and then add the markup and then Par5e and troubleshoot.
    It is what it is. The content/ip belongs to Hasbro and until they give SmiteWorks a license there are no other legal options.

A question...
    If I buy a book in German but don't speak German, can I legally pay a translation agency to take the book and provide me an English translation for my personal use?

Ill just leave this here..

https://www.copyrightlaws.com/copyri...t-permissions/

9.6 Question: My organization has purchased a journal article from a document supplier. May I send this article to a third party for translation into another language or does this infringe the “further reproduction, electronic storage or electronic transmission” which was expressly prohibited in the invoice from the document supplier?

Answer: Unless you own the copyright in a work, whenever you translate a work or have someone translate it on your behalf, you need permission from the copyright owner of that work. Translation is a right of every copyright holder. It is an adaptation of a work that requires advance permission. (2010-1)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The reality is it will happen if and when it happens. Contract negotiations can take forever and WoTC/Hasbro dont hand these things over lightly.
    Use Valeros basic parser to give you 2 .mods in 5mins. It also creates some basic files to use in Par5e.

Par5e does require a lot of effort. First you have to scan the manuals, then OCR them, then clean up the artifacts and then add the markup and then Par5e and troubleshoot.
    It is what it is. The content/ip belongs to Hasbro and until they give SmiteWorks a license there are no other legal options.
    Well, I want the full rules not the free basic ones so Valeros basic parser is only for the basic rules right? In the past, I had done this fairly easily with 4E and the parse tool at the time. I just needed a subscription to the Dungeon Insider or whatever it was and I could parse the site. So the 5E parser cant do that?

Last time, I was also a member of the RPGA yahoo group for D&D Fantasy grounds but I don't have the link anymore is there a RPGA group or something for 5E?

I own the 5E books, I just wish I had a way to get the libraries without all the confusion. I would pay for them if FG was allowed to offer it. sigh...
    Last edited by crazz2323; January 17th, 2015 at 03:29.

Quote Originally Posted by crazz2323 View Post
    I own the 5E books, I just wish I had a way to get the libraries without all the confusion. I would pay for them if FG was allowed to offer it. sigh...
    The problem isn't that FG isn't allowing it. It's that copyright laws don't allow it. Without WotC approving it, FG and the community have their hands tied.

Thread Information