DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Valarian, a module design question for this rule set: I've exported a module (campaign images that I'd like to keep organized by keeping it separate from other content) and and can see it and open it in the module window, but once it's opened, it doesn't appear in the library or elsewhere. Can you help--is there a trick with listing categories or something to make it compatible so the base ruleset can "see" it?

Hi Hector,

I am sure you have, but... did you look to see if there was a new category in the normal images window (not in the library)? That’s where they should appear, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Hector,

I am sure you have, but... did you look to see if there was a new category in the normal images window (not in the library)? That’s where they should appear, I think.

Your question prompted me to work out part of the solution, thanks:
    • I hadn't been using the index option, highlighted in yellow. When I did so and re-exported, the module appeared properly in the Library window;
    • ...but I'm having no luck getting it to appear as a category tab in the Images window (see blue highlighting). I did create one when I exported the module (named "Marsh")
    • Perhaps it's a quirk of this version of CoreRPG? See build version circled in green.

Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

I don’t think it uses CoreRPG, it uses foundations core, which is different.

Looks like the images have appeared, though, so that is something.

If you don’t find another way, you could always edit the module and add the category...

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    I don’t think it uses CoreRPG, it uses foundations core, which is different.

Looks like the images have appeared, though, so that is something.

If you don’t find another way, you could always edit the module and add the category...
    Good point. I've given it a shot, added "Marsh" in both of the following code excerpts (where there had previously been no value), but so far this hasn't added a new category tab to the Images window:

definition.xml :

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="1">
    	<name>TOR FoMarsh Campaign Elements</name>
    	<category>Marsh</category>
    	<author>Hector Trelane</author>
    	<ruleset>fcore-TOR</ruleset>
    </root>
    First part of db.xml :

Code:
    	<image>
    		<category name="Marsh" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
    			<id-00001>
    				<image type="image">
    					<bitmap>Portrait--Beldan.jpg</bitmap>
    				</image>
    				<name type="string">Portrait--Beldan</name>
    				<toggle_mapinfo type="number">0</toggle_mapinfo>
    				<toolbars type="number">0</toolbars>
    			</id-00001>
    			<id-00002>

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

For anyone wanting to play a game with these rules and ruleset, there’s an opportunity here in the one-shot I’m hosting for FG-Con 14!:

https://www.fg-con.com/events/the-on...ilgimage-home/

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    For anyone wanting to play a game with these rules and ruleset, there’s an opportunity here in the one-shot I’m hosting for FG-Con 14!:

https://www.fg-con.com/events/the-on...ilgimage-home/
    This same scenario is on again for FG-Con 15! Sign up here if you want to give these rules or this ruleset a try--or come back to it after a long hiatus. NB that 2e TOR is coming out soon, so it's a good time to get back into the TOR swing of things!

https://www.fg-con.com/events/the-on...lgrimage-home/

I'm slowly updating the ruleset to CoreRPG in preparation for 2nd edition. The character sheet is in. Now need to do the NPC sheet and combat tracker.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    I'm slowly updating the ruleset to CoreRPG in preparation for 2nd edition. The character sheet is in. Now need to do the NPC sheet and combat tracker.
    Now that's fantastic news! Btw my complements on how well the NPC sheets work in this ruleset--a thing of beauty. Same goes for how well you've integrated all the mechanics on the PC sheet.

Hi all, and a big thanks to Valarian for the work on this!

I'm new to FG, but having searched FAQs and threads here am not seeing how to get a Character from the Character Manager into my (test) TOR Campaign.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Fantasy Grounds II (updated) and using Valarian's latest (fcore-TOR.pak)

I can manually create a Character:

TOR_FG_Character_Manager.png

When I load my TOR campaign I dont see an option to import Character:

TOR_FG_Character_no_import.png

Thanks for any help, I'm really looking forward to using this!

Thread Information