5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PAR5E and Classes

Ok, now that races are done, I'm working on classes

I mostly have the Cleric parsed fine, with a couple of observations and a minor issue:

Observation: #fe;Feature;level1,level2 etc as documented doesn't work. What happens if you put more than one level seperated by commas is that you get the feature in a linked list multiple times (once for each level) but the links point to empty text except for the "final" entry (I assume the one associated with the last level). I changed my input to simply have a single level after each feature and that seems to have resolved it, but I'm wondering if this is a bug or if I did something wrong.

Issue: My class still comes up red in the console, so I know it's not parsing completely correctly. I've noticed that while the class Abilities section exists and has the proper domain listed as a link, which when clicked on has all of the domain abilities, it is missing the descriptive text that describes the overall concept of domains.

Input and FG screenshots attached.
    -Bumamgar

Remember it hasn't been updated to the release level of he rules yet, but it is functional. Those empty copies are for the levels you will get them.

Yeah, I get that My OCD kicks in and I want to get rid of the RED text in the parser log!!!

Anyway, it is very functional. I am curious, what is the "proper" formatting for Equipment? Right now I just have it as an #h; type block with a #ls; list... I suspect that it expects Equipment: item1, item2 etc per the docs, which doesn't really line up with the current way equipment is handled. I guess what I'm asking is: If I were to reformat it to be Equipment: item, item, ... would the parser set up anything special like links to actual items etc?
    -Bumamgar

How are people handling the Fighting Style options for the Fighter? I set them up each as an #fe; but of course now they all get added to a character when dropping the fighter class.
    -Bumamgar

I just have it as #fe;Fighting Style;1 with all the details in the text of that and then manually adjust the character sheet with the choice made.

Same here EC on the fighting style

equipment in the class and backgrounds are just reference text, you have to add the items yourself. I set mine up as a list.
    Last edited by Irondrake; July 26th, 2014 at 06:52.

Hey.. how did you guys deal with Class Tables?

The lack of column width formatting made mine look less than idea. Did you find something that allowed for width setting?

The only thing that works for me is to extend the width of the character sheet.

I tried forcing in the code for a table. IE:
    Code:
    <table>
      <col width="5%">
      <col width="10%">
      <tr>
        <th>Level</th>
        <th>Prof Bonus</th>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td>1st</td>
        <td>+2</td>
    Etc.
    But the parser got rather angry at me for trying to usurp it.

Yeah, I'm not happy with how tables are forced to 100% width of the window, even for small little 2 column tables. There need to be more customization options available in the markup.
    -Bumamgar

Thread Information