DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Ok, I was able to right click the group and delete it. Spell Preparation is not working for this character. For some reason or another, when going into preparation mode the little circles never appear. I wonder if that is because they have multiple groups? Here's a screenshot of what I see.

The screenshot shows a cleric that is working right, the wizard that is not working right and the wizard's Spell group setup.

Attachment 7067

Looks like what I was dealing with yesterday. Maybe the problem will go away? That is what happened to me. Still scratching my head about that. I was never able to determine any specific setup that could have caused it. I just kept playing around until it went away and the problem hasn't come back.
    Last edited by vodokar; July 22nd, 2014 at 06:45.

Post today's fix, there is only one item that I reported that is still not functioning as intended. I'll try to expand a little on my description to aid in it's tracking.

For example, testing with a 3rd level wizard having 4 level 1 spell slots and 2 level 2 spell slots in combat mode.

Check the 4 1st level spell slots used.
    Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list should disappear after checking the 4th check circle of level 1 spell slots.
    Actual Behavior: level 1 spell list remains unchanged

Check the remaining 2 2nd level spell slots used (total of 6 check circles now checked).
    Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list already removed from prior step. level 2 spell list should now disappear.
    Actual Behavior: level 1 and 2 spell lists now disappear.

Un-check everything and start over.
    Check both level 2 spell slots used.
    Expected Behavior: level 2 spell list disappears.
    Actual Behavior: works as expected

Enter Preparation mode and set 2nd level spell slots to 0.
    Re-enter Combat mode and check all 4 1st level spell slots used.
    Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list disappears.
    Actual Behavior: works as expected

Add 3rd level spell.
    Enter Preparation mode and set 2nd level spell slot back to 2 and 3rd level spell slot to 1.
    Re-enter Combat mode.
    Check 4 first level spell slots used.
    Expected Behavior: 1st level spell list disappears.
    Actual Behavior: 1st level spell list remains

Check 2nd level spell slots used.
    Expected Behavior: 2nd level spell list disappears.
    Actual Behavior: 2nd level spell list remains.

Check 3rd level spell slot used.
    Expected Behavior: 3rd level spell list disappears.
    Actual Behavior: All three spell lists disappear.

Un-check everything.
    Check only 3rd level spell slot used.
    Expected Behavior: 3rd level spell list disappears.
    Actual Behavior: works as expected.

As suspected, whatever is the highest level of spell slot is the only one triggering the removal event.

Request: The ability to drop Library Entries onto the Skills Pane either as a replacement for what's there or as the addition of a new skill.

Details: I've added skills to the 5E PHB Library, I have noted that you cannot drag and drop the skills "tabs" onto the skill pane to link the details of a skill to the character sheet....except as an entry within the text fields of the associated skill.

As such:

It would be nice if clicking on Athletics on the Skills Tab would simply pull up the library reference box instead of the editable text, though it's certainly not difficult to work around as shown above.

Thanks as always!
    SR

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Post today's fix, there is only one item that I reported that is still not functioning as intended. I'll try to expand a little on my description to aid in it's tracking.

For example, testing with a 3rd level wizard having 4 level 1 spell slots and 2 level 2 spell slots in combat mode.

Check the 4 1st level spell slots used.
    Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list should disappear after checking the 4th check circle of level 1 spell slots.
    Actual Behavior: level 1 spell list remains unchanged
    If you have 2nd level spell slots still open, shouldn't the 1st level list still show? Because you could cast a 1st level spell using a higher level slot.

Oh, your absolutely right, Kalannar. I hadn't thought of that. Looks like it's working just as intended then.

Irondrake,
    * No, I haven't figured out how to handle exception-based resistances yet; which is why they are not doing anything right now. It's on my short list to address.
    * I've been thinking about the non-permanent items (like Potions). My thought right now is to add an option in the preparation for a group to specify a Uses Renewal Period of None (vs. Encounter and Daily options right now). Then, these ones would never get reset. But, the record would stay in place until deleted in case of mistakes.
    * Added passive perception on party sheet to my 5E wish list.
    * On deleting spell groups, I'll need to investigate.
    * For the preparation issue, it looks like the mode box is not actually toggling the controls correctly (i.e. Cantrips should have nothing, and the rest should have check boxes). If that character is consistently not working for preparation, can you send me a copy of your db.xml for that campaign to [email protected]?

vodokar,
    Yes, higher level spell slots can be used for lower-level spells, so that is working as intended.

ShadeRaven,
    The original intent was to allow the skill links from the module to be dropped onto the skill entries to populate them. I'll take a look.

Thanks everyone,
    JPG

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_main.lua"]:47: attempt to index global 'descriptors' (a nil value)

It appears that the field Descriptors (which was in previous versions) is no longer accessible on the powers tab so new powers added are getting that error. The powers/spells I had before which contained information in Descriptors (I was using it to hold spell components at the time) do not get the script error message.

IronDrake,

Can you walk me through steps to re-create the spell_group.lua script error?

I just tried dragging and dropping some spells into Actions tab, then deleting spells, then deleting group. I couldn't delete the group with the right-click menu, but the deletion button worked. I also tried with powers I added manually with a custom group (Wand of Magic Missile) and deleted spell then group with no errors.

Thanks,
    JPG

Okay. Not totally sure what's going on with power use in relationship to Enc/Daily tagging, type, etc.

In examining the group Cleric who just hit level 2 we see this as his power tab:
    Attachment 7080

For Spells, there's 5 prepared set of group type Spells. However, whether in preparation, standard, or combat, the checking of the boxes have no effect on the appearance of the spells themselves in any state. It should also be noted that the Cleric gets Free Domain Spells at each spell level, so at some point, there should be some sort of allowing for having them added as well (in Thorin's case, he will be allowed to have 7 total prepared spells - 5 normally for his level and WIS plus Bless and Cure Wounds from Domain).

In the Spell Slots section, there's the three check-boxes (circles) for 1st Level Spells. Even when all three are checked off, there's no change in the appearance of the Actions Tab, IE: Spells (Level 1) does not disappear for Standard or Combat.

The circular check boxes next to the spell names can be selected in all three modes, but there appears to be no change in the state of the spells themselves in any mode for it. I thought perhaps this was an indication of prepared spells, but checked or not, spells will still appear in Standard and Combat Display Mode.

For Channel Divinity (set to group type Ability), we used the Enc option and gave it 1 use in hopes that this would allow either Preserve Life or Turn Undead to be checked off as used, making both disappear until at leas a Short Rest (if not Long) is taken at which point they should reappear as being unused. However, clicking on the circles next to the powers simply gives a Chat Box entry with the Player's Name: Power Name. The box does not check off nor does the option to Channel Divinity disappear.

If there's any more detail, screen shots, or otherwise useful information I can give you for this process, I'd be happy to take the time to offer it up.

Thanks, as always, for all the hard work you put into this!
    SR

Thread Information