DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Moon, did you see the bug I reported in the 3.0.6 thread, regarding tokens in C&C not auto-sizing correctly?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Thanks , I did. I put it on my list to look at.

JPG

I think i found another bug, the effects GRANTDISATK doesn't seem to work for ranged. Which is why prone effect is not working correctly either. It works for melee though. Not sure if GRANTADVATK is broke too, haven't tested it. Going to play a game tonight, will test the rule set and report any issues I see. Thank you moon wizard for all the hard work that went into this rule set. It is amazing so far.

Hey, Moon Wizard.

Wanted to first start out by saying how much we all appreciate your hard work now and over the years. As our community is a relatively small one, I know how much you rely upon our feedback to find bugs and direct changes, so I spent several hours today thoroughly testing out the test version 3.07. This is what I found:

New stuff that is working great:

Critical damage rolling automatically and with proper dice e.g. rogue with sneak attack rolled 6 dice properly with simple drag and drop from the character sheet directly after scoring a nat 20, fighter with greataxe correctly rolled 4 dice and 2 dice with longsword directly after rolling improved critical with nat 19 etc. All great!

NPC skills, immunities, resistances all working great. autoadd of the immunities and resistances to combat tracker and functioned properly. Wonderful.

Test of recharge of green dragon's breath weapon. Works. Awesome!

Everything else that I could think to test, except for the below, either now working properly or still working properly.

Now that I've built you up, unfortunately, I have to tear ya down some. Sorry.

Things that got broken from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 that haven't previously been mentioned:

Spells and Abilities:

Abilities - can not set abilities such as Action Surge and Second Wind to have a check box (check circle?) so that you can mark them off as you use them and have them disappear from the list when in combat mode. Tried every combination of things I could think of, but unable to make the check box appear. Preparation mode does nothing. Use per enc/per day under magnifying glass for abilities does nothing. Functionality which was previously working under 3.0.6 has simply vanished.

Along the same lines, no way to set up Channel Divinity powers for the cleric and check them off when used and have them all disappear when you used one of them i.e. multiple choices but one use per day for the category (and I presume ability to have more than one use per day at higher levels like they did in 4e). Functionality which was previously working under 3.0.6 has simply vanished.

Spell preparation: Simplifying how spells worked by collapsing into one interface of spell slots to control the use of all the different spell levels was a good idea and is working with the following exception:

Once you have selected spells in preparation mode for each spell level and change to combat mode, coming back to preparation mode does not re-display the spells that were un-selected (unprepared) so that you can switch your spells prepared. They get stuck and don't reappear, thus leaving you stuck with no way to change your prepared spell list. Functionality which was previously working under 3.0.6 has simply vanished.

Additionally, there is one aspect of spell/abilities that I don't think has been addressed at all. Magic Item spells e.g. the Staff of Defense that my wizard just picked up in The Mines of Phandevin has no way to track charges or use of it's spell slots for Mage Armor and Shield spells. In 3.0.6, I was able to add a new category, Staff of Defense and set it to have 10 uses with check boxes that could be marked off. Under 3.0.7, regardless of whether you input it as a separate category or as Spell or Ability, there is no way to set up this same functionality. Likely this will work again if ability check boxes can be fixed. However, addition of a 3rd official category for Magic Rods/Wands/Staffs would likely be a good idea.

This is all I can think of right now. I'll let you know if I see anything else.

Cheers!
    Last edited by vodokar; July 21st, 2014 at 00:38.

Found something new and also something strange.

New: Tested with set up of 3rd level wizard having 4 1st level spell slots and 2 2nd level spell slots. Previously had tested functionality in combat mode by checking the two 2nd level spells used and seeing that the 2nd level spells disappeared from the list as expected. Called it good. But, when I went back to take a 2nd look, I did a long rest and the spell slots did not uncheck - required manual deselection. After that, I tested checking the 1st level spell slots used. The first level spells did not disappear when all four spell slots checked. When continuing on to check both 2nd level spell slots used, then both the 1st and 2nd level spell lists disappeared. Resting again, did nothing. Had to manually deselect the spell slots.

Strange: Previously reported that spells that had been not selected during initial spell preparation did not reappear along with their check boxes when reentering preparation mode. Until they did! No explanation as to why they were not working and then when, after having previously cycled through the sequence of standard to preparation to combat mode several times, all of the sudden, when trying that one last time, the missing spells and corresponding check boxes suddenly reappeared. Will consider this functioning, but buggy and not reliable -- also frustrating.

Other previously reported problems with abilities still same.

Thanks for detailed notes. Hope to dig in tomorrow. Sort of expected a few issues with the Actions tab given the level of rework needed.

Regards,
    JPG

Our group had the same issue with powers not having uses, but if we dragged the power from a module generated with the parser, it places the power and allows you to set uses through preparation. A good workaround for now.

OK, I was able to recreate the issues with the non-caster groups/powers regarding uses and the spell slots not resetting on rest. I did not see the issue with preparation as you have already posted, so keep an eye out for that.

Maybe at some time in the future, we'll look at adding "cost" as an alternate field for groups with use values > 0 to better support items. I'm holding off a bit on item specific capabilities a bit to get more information on their final format/usage.

Cheers,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG] Main token field for NPC entries in Encounter records are no longer draggable to prevent placement confusion.
    • [5E] PC Main tab center section supports multiple lines and becomes scrollable (senses, special defenses, special movement).
    • [5E] Extra damage effects parsed from NPC actions are automatically applied to CT entry linked to NPC record. (Bugbear, Doppelganger, ...)
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Extra dice and modifiers added to damage rolls due to criticals will now have the critical damage type.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Added nonlethal and critical as valid immunity types. Creatures with the correct type/subtype will be given these immunities automatically when added to CT.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Minimum damage handling improved (1 point for 3.5E, 1 nonlethal point for PFRPG).
    • Using decimals when entering data into number fields yielded incorrect values. Fixed.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] PC wounds reset to zero when removed from combat tracker. Fixed.
    • [5E] Lift/Drag encumbrance incorrect on PC inventory tab. Fixed.
    • [5E] Power usage information not displaying in preparation mode for non-caster powers. Fixed.
    • [5E] Power usage not resetting correctly for non-caster powers with individual use limits. Fixed.
    • [5E] Spell slots not resetting on rest. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Weapon damage field display for weapons not updating if damage ability changed and damage ability is not equal to attack ability (i.e. thrown weapons). Fixed.
    • [CnC] Script error when viewing item records. Fixed.

JPG

Have we determined a way to handle non-magic weapon resistance? Specifically I'm looking at Mormesk in the starter set, but the type of creature he is will become a common issue in the future I think. Currently I have set him to be vulnerable to silver and magic and made him resistant to piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning (as well as everything else he's resistant and immune to). The vulnerability will offset the resistance, but I'm worried that a magic attack may end up doing double damage because of this work around?

I was also setting up a section on the powers/abilities tab for non-permanent items like potions. Maybe setting up a third group for "Item Powers" would be beneficial?

Also, while I'm thinking of it, is there any chance we can get the characters passive Perception scores put on the Party Sheet? Maybe listed under Senses? It would be very helpful to have one place to look at all of their scores when determining surprise in combat. Or even in the combat tracker if it made sense and could be done easily.

While I'm at it, I can't seem to delete a spell group. I'm able to remove all the spells from it, but when I try to remove the group itself, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_group.lua"]:33: attempt to index upvalue 'nodeGroup' (a userdata value)
    Last edited by Irondrake; July 22nd, 2014 at 02:24.

Thread Information