STAR TREK 2d20

Making sure I understand saving throws...

Say you have a spell on your action tab and you have the cast button set up with it's saving throw. What does the 3.5e/PF ruleset do behind the scenes when you target a bunch of things and then click that button? Does it just roll the saves, display the results, and that's it? Or is it like an attack roll where it will remember those results and try to apply them to any subsequent damage roll? I'm guessing not, because then you would need the ability to specify 1/2 vs. negate, take evasion into account, etc. but I just wanted to confirm that it's doing what I think it's doing.

Thanks.

It rolls the saves for all of the targeted creatures and those that make the save are removed from the targeting - if "remove on miss" is enabled in the campaign options. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Options

There is no automation for half-damage - mostly due to the number of exceptions that might come into play (evasion, etc.). After the full damage has been applied to the creatures still targeted, the attacker should right-click on the damage and select "half" then manually drag/drop that half damage onto the creatures that need half damage applying.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That last part about right-clicking and selecting half is new to me, thanks. I'll have to play around with this a little bit when I get home tonight.

Thread Information