Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Well, I just got my copy of the %E Players. Still going through it, but it is interesting so far.

I am happy to see that they did make the Warlocks function a little different than regular casters.

Also, it seems like Wizards decided to not get as in-depth with many of the rules, so that the DM makes most calls, and there wont be players arguing about rules.

It;s the new model for D&D. The basic system is "rules lite" but they will be putting out add-on's full of optional rules to allow play groups to plat with the level of rules thay like. So if your group likes more tacticle play there will be a tactical combat plug-in for that.

That was part of the stated design purpose when they first announced the new rules were comming.

So far after reading the PHB I am fairly impressed.

I'm liking it so far. I'll be interested to see what form 5e takes in 1 year, 2, years, etc.. The usual Wizards approach is to release more player content than adventures (based off my experience of them over the past few years). But, with the Tyranny of Dragons adventures coming out I'm hoping there is going to be a long term commitment to scenarios being released outside of Dungeon magazine - if there's even going to be a Dungeon magazine going forward?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know as a DM, I have hated it when people try to use Dragon Mag races/classes/spells. 50% of the time they weren't balanced well (I know, a stupid accusation made by a 3.5 player) or it was hard as heck to get your hands on a copy, physical or digital otherwise. So I will gladly welcome supplement books with open arms.

I'm just curious how, if there are a lot of player related supplement books, that will effect the current streamlined play we're experiencing. I can see that they might use the odd plugin, as mentioned by DrakosDJ above. But, if there are a lot of optional plugins on top of the basic rules then this could make the supplements quite confusing or full of "use X if you're using plugin Y, use A if you're using plugin B" or just result in people only getting a small amount out of supplements. It'll be very interesting to see how it all plays out...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'd imagine it be sort of like Unearthed Arcana was for 3.5... it was nice if you liked that sort of thing, but it wasn't necessary to use with any of the other books.

Thread Information