DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Yup it's probably the same one I'm using (I added player to player whispers with GM copied and such, and I'm using the French fork). It's better than nothing, I give you that, but it's still light years from CoreRPG ruleset (not to mention D&Dish rulesets). And has a number of issues and bugs, like CT not being saved like you said.

As I said above, if one is strongly pressed for time, find this ruleset (if one can find it ^^). If not, I strongly suggest waiting on the new one. Or use the old one and switch to the new one later on, but campaign data will need to be manually put in, there will be no conversion.

Will character data be lost as well do you reckon if one was to transfer it? Out of curiosity how did you add player to player whispers, is it easy?

As far as I know, any and all data will be lost. There's no moving data utility in FG, and the data format will be different. It's two different rulesets, nothing in common, it would be like switching from D&D4 to Call of Cthulhu Hence my warning. Theoretically one could write a small one off tool to do some conversion from XML export&import, it's not hard but would require some skill.

As for players whisps, I followed some code that was posted on the forums years ago. Had some trouble with it because some people did previous hacks on this part of code and on the ruleset as a whole (a Jdrvirtuel.com admin putting an ad for his website inside the code and messing things up), but even with no coding skill I managed to do it, the original code posted here was good.

I could check the files if you want the code, but I don't guarantee absolutely nothing It's probably quite ugly and not sure to work for you.

Nah it's fine, cheers though. There is some intrigue going on in our game but we resorted to simply having a whisper sent to the GM, who will forward it to the needed player, but it's rare enough. Plus we use Teamspeak so communication isn't an issue.

Are there any news on the new rulest?

I have the WHFRP v2 rules almost complete. I just need to finish the combat tab and the magic tab. Sorry this has been so slow coming, I was assigned away from home again for work. I hope to have this completed soon and posted.

Can't wait to check out your work friend
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I have the WHFRP v2 rules almost complete. I just need to finish the combat tab and the magic tab. Sorry this has been so slow coming, I was assigned away from home again for work. I hope to have this completed soon and posted.
    Nice! Looking forward to seeing that!

When you say you've got the rules almost complete, does that also mean the interface as well? Is there much more work?

Wow, great news Paul! Thanks again for doing this!

Really excited about this, as I would like to pick up my dormant WFRP campaign.
    Mike D

Thread Information