5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Basic D&D

And the fun starts. I need to get my hands on a Starter Set now.

JPG

The proficiency bonus changed from +1 to +2 at level 1 (and probably there after).

Prepared spells Int/Wis etc modifier + level now. Good change IMO.

Yeah, from quick scan through book. The biggest change is the spell caster rules, plus the fact that NPCs are confirmed as full casters for spell management. (That last one is a step backwards in my mind.). There are a couple other things as well, but mostly minor.

I'll need to see if Zeus can update Par5e to get the updated data.

Cheers,
    JPG

Got my Starter Set tonight. Haven't opened it yet. Haven't even had time to go through the Basic D&D rules yet. Looking forward to it.

So what is the state of the 5E Project here? Does the advent of the Starter Set release today foretell changes to the 5E Ruleset for FG?

Also, what's the licensing like for this looking like? Curious as to what our ability is going to be for sharing data files will be.

I'm going to put the Starter Set adventure in tonight and see how at least the initial 5E ruleset works for the Starter Set material. Should be able to play tomorrow and give some feedback.

It will take a little while to integrate the mechanics changes in the Starter Set for the 5E ruleset. I'm probably going to have to double develop on 5E for a while, since I'm working on 3.1 version also.

There has been no word from Wizards on allowing basic rules to be used in third party tools, so we can't offer until they allow. If you hear anything , please let us know.

For now, I'm hoping Zeus will be able to adapt his Par5e tool, to allow people to pull the text to build modules. (Much easier when/if PDFs are offered.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks. Good to know, JPG. I know you work hard at this stuff and we definitely appreciate everything you and everyone else puts into making this the best product of its kind.

If you are interested, I can give an account of what's working and what's needing extra effort or work-arounds as we test out the Lost Mine of Phandelver (I'll start a new thread, if so).

3.1 version? For early 3E D&D? Or something else?

We have a couple of Pathfinder Campaigns going right now in FG and it's pretty awesome. Curious as to what else you are developing.

Thanks again!
    SR

Working on a 3.1 version of FG client that adds some features. Started some thoughts in Lab forum, but no test release yet.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information