FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Spell Lists

Adding a Spell List module is fairly easy to do if you are comfortable with XML. I've attached a ZIP file that has 2 spell lists to level 5 that I'm using for an Arcist in my current campaign. Open up the client.xml file and add your spell lists. Rename the .zip file to .mod and put it in the modules directory to use it. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks. Looks like I have some work ahead of me this week... :-)

@Andraax: Legally I am not allowed to hand that list out. <smile> But Dakadin given you the tools to do it.

@Shadou: As for FRP v RMC there is not that many change you can quite comfortable use the standard inbuilt game rules to play. I would definitely give the game a shot and not give up too easily. It like the different between D&D 3.5 and pathfinder some eminor changes but the basics are much the same. If there is a rolemaster game in your time slot I would not pass it up they can be like hens teeth, I am sure Andraax will be patient enough to help you through any learning curve.

I'm not a GM but when I bought the "Shadow world box set" it was a fantastic world setting but seemed to add all kinds of different elements (from stone age, to new to RM magic, to space age ) and may not fit with some GM's gaming world. I never got to actually play it as both of my group's GM's used their own game worlds.

Rolemaster does have a set of rules to covert D&D monsters and magical items ( in it's core books) to a Rolemaster setting. If any of the FG modules have done this for RMSS or RMC in FG you would be able to use any D&D setting for your RM campaign. Though that was before 5E. But I think Feats would be the main difference there and not affect a RM conversion.

I'm a total noob on FG so I don't know if anyone has done this. But it would be a brilliant idea as it might get some of the D&D fans to be able to play some RM games. Also it would make new GM's worlds a lot easier as all they would have to do is buy the module/campaign for FG and it would automatically convert this to RMSS/RMFRP or RM Classic rules (if that is what you wanted to use). Probably HARP also. From what I saw of FG, it would be a conversion chart and FG would do the rest?

I hope someone does it as I love RM's crits and spells. But I feel D&D has a nicer game setting and magical item rewards. RM's modules also seem to give ideas and try to encourage GM's to make their own games. While D&D will sell GM's fully done modules or campaigns.

Also I'm new to FG and I'm looking for a RM group. Preferably a RMSS group. Classic should be fine. I would probably need a pre-made character as RM character creation can be rough and learning it on FG might be really tough. I usually play a Healer or whatever the group needs and no one wants to play.

I'm U.S. , East Coast pretty flexible schedule, looking for something regular. Prefer no demons in my games. If your interested please send me a message.

Good gaming all.

RMSS had rulesets to convert D20 things to Rolemaster and the other way around. I am guessing RMC had similar conversions.

I had hoped FG did that so I could play in Rolemaster Standard system games that were running classic D&D campaigns. I hoped FG would of used those rules to automatically do the math/conversion in the background. Of course I would use RM spells, crits and combat. Just converting magic items and NPC's to fit in Rolemaster.

Does FG not do that? Too bad as I would love to play classic D&D adventures with RM combat, and hoped FG would do that. As d20 conversion is part of the Rolemaster ruleset. I hoped that was part of the FG Rolemaster package.

I've run 3 or 4 of ICE's RMC Middle-earth module with Cubicle 7's 5E setting using FG. They kinda work but RMC works really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever@# View Post
    RMSS had rulesets to convert D20 things to Rolemaster and the other way around. I am guessing RMC had similar conversions.

I had hoped FG did that so I could play in Rolemaster Standard system games that were running classic D&D campaigns. I hoped FG would of used those rules to automatically do the math/conversion in the background. Of course I would use RM spells, crits and combat. Just converting magic items and NPC's to fit in Rolemaster.

Does FG not do that? Too bad as I would love to play classic D&D adventures with RM combat, and hoped FG would do that. As d20 conversion is part of the Rolemaster ruleset. I hoped that was part of the FG Rolemaster package.
    Your better off just picking a RMC creature or item that matches what is in the adventure than trying to do a conversion process. Just realize that the difficulty of some creatures is different in D&D and RMC so you might need to swap a few out at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Your better off just picking a RMC creature or item that matches what is in the adventure than trying to do a conversion process. Just realize that the difficulty of some creatures is different in D&D and RMC so you might need to swap a few out at times.
    Yeah I was thinking about how undead in RM just suck the life out of the living, affecting one of their stats permanently. Which tended to make undead fights a higher level thing in our campaigns. Especially since my GM's world didn't have churches and clerics everywhere, so you couldn't just run and get the "essence (whatever is removed in game terms)" easily fixed. Clerics in RM have a spell to heal this, though I think it's kind of mid level. So that would certainly be a case you would have to make some tweaks with the monsters or the way you handle the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I've run 3 or 4 of ICE's RMC Middle-earth module with Cubicle 7's 5E setting using FG. They kinda work but RMC works really nice.
    Glad to see others have tried it and it can work. Once I played RM I tried to play in some D&D groups. When I lived in California, I have to say they have a role players paradise. I literally put up a sign trying to get a group in 2 (of the many) game shops that hosted games, and ended up with 8 groups. I mean 8 groups with 6 players each and 8 GM's. Obviously I could only play in one of them, but that one flyer created 8 groups! And even though I only played I one group, I saw the other groups at the shop, and we would talk, as they know I was the one who put up the message to start their groups and we talked as they helped me put groups together. Now, I'm back on the east coast, and it's almost impossible to get a group these days. I love D&D's settings and modules, really great stuff. Sadly though, once I experienced RM's combat, crits ,extensive spell list, and the ability to adjust your characters skills, etc but still balanced based off of your original class, I just love RM.

I just imagine if you take the rich world and settings of D&D and mix them with RM that it would be an even better experience. I guess most RM gm's are so experienced and already have multiple settings and worlds set up, it's just easier for them to run those. As it's obvious the love and care they put into their worlds and stories, even if we as players don't often show or tell them how much we appreciate it. Especially when were arguing rules and small things So for all of us players, who seem to argue your rules to much, or don't seem to show enough appreciation at times. I thank all of your hard working GM's. It is very hard to be a good GM, forget a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever@# View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about how undead in RM just suck the life out of the living, affecting one of their stats permanently. Which tended to make undead fights a higher level thing in our campaigns. Especially since my GM's world didn't have churches and clerics everywhere, so you couldn't just run and get the "essence (whatever is removed in game terms)" easily fixed. Clerics in RM have a spell to heal this, though I think it's kind of mid level. So that would certainly be a case you would have to make some tweaks with the monsters or the way you handle the encounter.
    Yes, the life drain is tough. If I remember correctly it will heal naturally but takes a week per point of Constitution.

Thread Information