DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever@# View Post
    I just imagine if you take the rich world and settings of D&D and mix them with RM that it would be an even better experience. I guess most RM gm's are so experienced and already have multiple settings and worlds set up, it's just easier for them to run those. As it's obvious the love and care they put into their worlds and stories, even if we as players don't often show or tell them how much we appreciate it. Especially when were arguing rules and small things So for all of us players, who seem to argue your rules to much, or don't seem to show enough appreciation at times. I thank all of your hard working GM's. It is very hard to be a good GM, forget a great one.
    It’s a thing, man.
    For years - hell, decades - I was converting modules from T$R’s Dungeon Magazine. It doesn’t take much to do at all since you rarely need anything more than HPs/PPs/AT(DB)/OB/RRs and the odd skill/spell they’ll use vs fully fleshed out NPCs.
    I shared my Undermountain work I still had on graph pad paper all this time later with Ardem when he also had our online RM group run through Undermountain in his Echoes of Heaven campaign - not that he needed it, but I laughed when I found it in my RM Altar in the gaming room.

After that, I was converting full on boxed sets like Undermountain, etc. In fact, our last RM session ended with a room cursing PCs with Sleep and only a single Dwarf in the party with the BG Option 3x RR mod “Unbeliever” resisting, and all alone...@16th-17th ish lvl or so.
    I stole from Forgotten Realms, DragonLance, and later KoK(Kingdoms of Kalamar).
    Pre-converting all NPCs ahead of time is key so you just mark the room number in the corner of each entry and can run your finger down the list any time you need to switch from reading out the module and getting into combat!

Get on it and g’luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    It’s a thing, man.
    For years - hell, decades - I was converting modules from T$R’s Dungeon Magazine. It doesn’t take much to do at all since you rarely need anything more than HPs/PPs/AT(DB)/OB/RRs and the odd skill/spell they’ll use vs fully fleshed out NPCs.
    I shared my Undermountain work I still had on graph pad paper all this time later with Ardem when he also had our online RM group run through Undermountain in his Echoes of Heaven campaign - not that he needed it, but I laughed when I found it in my RM Altar in the gaming room.

After that, I was converting full on boxed sets like Undermountain, etc. In fact, our last RM session ended with a room cursing PCs with Sleep and only a single Dwarf in the party with the BG Option 3x RR mod “Unbeliever” resisting, and all alone...@16th-17th ish lvl or so.
    I stole from Forgotten Realms, DragonLance, and later KoK(Kingdoms of Kalamar).
    Pre-converting all NPCs ahead of time is key so you just mark the room number in the corner of each entry and can run your finger down the list any time you need to switch from reading out the module and getting into combat!

Get on it and g’luck!
    Monte Cook's Dark Space expansion really gave me the best ideas for how to convert things to Rolemaster. The way it handled traditional Call of Cthulhu horror and straight Traveller-style sci-fi seamlessly into the pure fantasy ruleset gave me the courage to basically grab anything from anywhere and stick it in my games. And it was a good model for mechanics.

Even though it is aimed at horror, but Ken Hite's Nightmares of Mine gives all the advice you'll ever need for making things work with your story. It is totally independent of mechanics so I still use my copy today as advice for every campaign I run in every game system. I think it is the most used rulebook I own. Guidelines on pacing, tempo, emotion, what sensory information to narrate, this stuff never stops being relevant to a GM.

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind, if you are converting classed NPCs, there is a generic NPC list with a lot already pre-populated. I forget what table number it is, but there's L1, L3, L5 etc... generic number examples you can drag/drop a new NPC from and then flesh out / modify as you need from there... saved me a lot of time before I moved on to a different ruleset IIRC.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information