DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Rolemaster campaign setting?

I'm a new player, but have thus far been unable to find an open spot in a group that fits my schedule. So I am currently trying to pull together the resources I would need to DM a campaign myself. I like the rolemaster system, but so far I haven't been able to find any campaign setting resources for it for FG. Can anyone suggest any campaign setting books (preferred) or full adventures that either work well in or can easily be converted to the RMC system? PDF format would be ideal, but I have the ability to scan in physical resources if only physical copies can be obtained. I just need a good idea what to look for.

Well the two most obvious would be Shadow World and Middle Earth. Both were statted by ICE and are huge, rich worlds to explore.

There is also Cyradon also made by ICE with all the stats included, but is not as well supported or fleshed out simply due to it being a younger setting, however that also gives you more room to build your own.

I have an open spot in my Rolemaster (RMFRP) game Tuesday evening (7:00pm US/Central), if that works with your schedule.

That's perfect, actually. Is it on the game calendar? Or PM me the details?

Andraax are you using the RMFRP extension if so how are you finding it?

Yes, I'm using the RMFRP extension. It's mostly OK, but you have to tweak it a bit. Biggest thing I don't like is that it makes the Spells tab pretty useless (I guess if someone takes the time to enter the spell tables for RMFRP it will become useful again ;-) ).

OK, I've looked around for the answer to this question, but there doesn't seem to be a lexicon of FG terms for newbies anywhere. What does FRP stand for in this context?

RMFRP = Rolemaster Fantasy Role Playing. It's a (slight) modification of the Rolemaster Standard System (RMSS), and the latest set of rules from Iron Crown. Here is a comparison of Rolemaster Classic (RMC) and RMFRP.

If it makes part of the in-game resources useless, and thus requires you to have access to the books, then I may not be able to join in. I'm not particularly familiar with the system, so I would be depending on what's available within the ruleset, and if the extension is incomplete then I'll be SOL.

Well, it's only the spell lists that are incomplete. If you don't play a spell caster, there is no issue. Even if you do play a spell caster, then we can work around it - provide you with just the info for your spell lists or something.

Thread Information