FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Licensed Ironcrown material?

Hi all.

I'm relatively new to FG but not to RMC- I have been doubling game nights since FG got my attention.

After seeing the new DnD launch I wondered; What are the chances of a similar launch with Ironcrown/MERP products?

I like making my own campaigns, but sometimes I have to disappoint my PC's on spontanious nights, if I havent finished one yet. So I for one would like to have some kind of backup... Already used Goblin Raiders and Wedding at Axebridge :-)
    “All stories are true,” Skarpi said. “But this one really happened..."

Rolemaster Classic
    GMT +1

Blog Entries
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply

I already have the available RMC products, and I runned the current adventures. I was more thinking of ready to run adventures and campaigns from ICE/MERP, like "Hillmen of the trollshaws" etc.

Guess I meant "More products" in my initial post
    Last edited by jokomotion; April 15th, 2015 at 15:46.
    “All stories are true,” Skarpi said. “But this one really happened..."

Rolemaster Classic
    GMT +1

Unfortunately, I don't believe ICE is licensed to distribute Middle Earth products anymore so they can't be officially converted as a licensed product. Something could likely be done for the products on RPGNow though.

I actually have ran, Hillmen of trollshaws. You purchase the PDF and make the module yourself its not very hard. Probably about 2-3 hours of solid work but definitely doable.

So if I buy the rolemaster rule set I could use it to help me play in a friend's offline Moria campaign? I think that is what I am hearing. Plus I have a random MERP module I bought which I could try to run someday also.

Very new to rolemaster, never seen or played before and and I am just getting started on FG.

Yes, you can enter information from published materials for your own use in your games. You just can't distribute what you create if it contains copyright material.

I love Hillman of the Trollshaws! I once had Miffli put down one of my best characters. That was almost 20 years ago.

I love RMSS. We had 2 GM's who rotated adventures, so our group lasted for many years.
    Even though I love RMSS, it's flexible ruleset, crits, and spells. I felt D&D had better premade adventures, magic items, presentation.
    The RMSS had rules to convert d20 characters, and other things to RM or vice versa. So I was hoping the FG system would allow us to purchase D&D adventures, and the RM FG system would just use those RM conversion rules to run a D&D adventure or campaign.
    Did FG use the RM rules to allow such a conversion to happen in the background? If so I would love to play many of the classic D&D adventures (temple of elemental evil, etc) RMSS in FG

Blog Entries
    I dont think the RM ruleset can open the newer data types.
    There is a Universal Modules extension but I didnt include RMSS because it is pre-CoreRPG...

Thread Information