STAR TREK 2d20

5E Ruleset question

I know it may be too early to be asking these kinds of questions, but here goes...

Is there an effect modifier for Advantage/Disadvantage? e.g. setting a modifier for the Prone condition (Ranged attacks at disadvantage). I assume there is because there is a button for it! They show [ADV] and [DIS].

I'm sure these things will be described in the coming weeks and months but my enthusiasm for 5E is getting the better of me!
    Last edited by El Condoro; June 30th, 2014 at 13:37.

In the 5E user guide in the Wiki:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I checked the Wiki but the wrong place (under supported games). Thanks a lot. Cheers

I am amazed at how multi-layered and powerful FG3 and the 5E ruleset is. I am really enjoying delving into it more deeply. However, as one who 'greedily delves too deep' I have struck a snag.

How is a potion set up and used? For example, a simple Potion of Healing that heals 2d8 + 2 hit points? I am assuming there is a way to input something like [HEAL: 2d8 + 2] and then drag that onto a CT actor.

I have parsed magical items and can't see where or what to put in. I have checked the effects documentation and can do that for the CT and spells but not magical items. Can someone help out, please? Cheers

I can't see an effect for adding temporary hit points - is that something that can be added as an effect or is it a manual thing? e.g. Second Wind

[Edit] nm found it. In the character's power tab, add a power with a heal action (TEMP) - brilliant!
    Last edited by El Condoro; July 1st, 2014 at 01:28.

It is really quite detailed once you figure out where things are.

Where should the resistance and vulnerability data be put on a monster form so that it appears when dragged onto the CT.

I have a skeleton NPC (resists piercing, vulnerable to bludgeoning). When I parsed the data in, those notes appear next to the HP (9) but it does not drag onto the CT. I can add [RESIST: piercing] as an effect once it's on the CT but that isn't how it worked in 4E and it's a lot of work for a company of skeletons! Cheers

[Edit] Found the problem - loose nut between the keyboard and the chair! I hadn't parsed the data properly.
    Last edited by El Condoro; July 1st, 2014 at 09:18.

Here is my entry of the skeleton I parsed from Scourge of the Sword Coast and if I remember correctly, these all show up in the combat tracker.

Skeleton (Unarmed)
    Medium Undead
    Armor Class 10
    Hit Points 9 (2d8)
    Speed 30 ft.
    Senses darkvision 60 ft.
    Str 11 (+0) Dex 10 (+0) Con 10 (+0)
    Int 6 (-2) Wis 8 (-1) Cha 3 (-4)
    Alignment lawful evil
    Languages Common (doesn't speak)
    TRAITS
    Immunities: disease, hunger, poison, sleep, suffocation, thirst; cannot be frightened
    Damage Resistance: piercing
    Vulnerability: bludgeoning
    ACTIONS
    Melee Attack—Claws: +2 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 3 (1d6) slashing damage.
    ENCOUNTER BUILDING
    Level 1 XP 20
    Last edited by Irondrake; July 1st, 2014 at 13:41.

Thread Information