FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Calendar integration?

Is the Smiteworks Calendars module integrated with the 5E ruleset? I can get it to load and can add entries etc., but the date and time do not progress when a short or long rest is taken. I assume that should happen? Cheers

I'm not sure about 5E, but I'm guessing it will be similar to the other rulesets where changing the time in the calendar is a purely manual process. Short and long rests are used for game mechanics (healing, spell use reset, effect expiration, etc.).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, wasn't sure. From my point of view, automating time advances from rests would be a bonus.

Not sure I understand your question. There would still need to be a manual advance for all those unforeseeable events, but if each Long Rest advanced the time by 8 hours and each Short Rest by 1 hour, that would be a good start.

I am not able to set the time on the Gregorian calendar for some reason - I can set the date OK.

Blog Entries
    hey el condoro

sorry if my reply was abrupt. here are some scenarios that I think would break any automation...
    if you have three spell casters - and you long rest them all - does the clock then advance 24hrs?
    a cleric in my party has a ring of sustenance meaning he can rest for 2 hours only and get the benefit of a full 8hours rest.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    hey el condoro

sorry if my reply was abrupt. here are some scenarios that I think would break any automation...
    if you have three spell casters - and you long rest them all - does the clock then advance 24hrs?
    a cleric in my party has a ring of sustenance meaning he can rest for 2 hours only and get the benefit of a full 8hours rest.
    No problem - I just assumed my lack of understanding.

In your first example, I keep all active PCs in the CT (using a campaign and opening modules as required), so when I use the menu and a long rest all PCs get the same long rest. I wouldn't do it on a per-PC basis. Perhaps the time advancing would only occur if done from the CT?

For the second example, I assume he is in a party that doesn't benefit from the ring so, unless he wants to adventure alone, he will wait for the rest of the party to rest. If it's just him that rests, the manual time advancing would be the go.

The calendar is not tied to combat tracker or characters, and does not advance on rest actions. There are too many assumptions to be made to make this automatic.

The 5E calendar should have the same features as CoreRPG, since it inherits. This feature from CoreRPG without changes other than graphics.

Regards,
    JPG

OK. No problem. Is there a trick to changing the time on the calendar, though? - I can set the date but can't change the time from 12:00 AM for some reason. Have tried clicking on the time, dragging a new time text - no luck.

Thread Information