DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Bestiary 4 - Group effort to put stats together for Creature Parser

EDIT: The Bestiary 4 module is now available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-4-OGL-Module

MODERATOR:

The posts below have been moved from another thread to one specific for this topic.

In order to produce a FG module for the Pathfinder Bestiary 4 OGL content I am putting out a call for community members to help out copy/pasting the text from the Bestiary 4 PDF into a text file. We are splitting the process up into letter portions (A-Z) to reduce the workload overall. I will then combine and run through the creature parser to produce a Bestiary 4 module that I will post in the modules thread on this forum for all to use and enjoy.

If interested community members would like to help out, reply to this thread with the letter/s section you would like to cover.

The following is a list of who is doing which section, with a status.

Letter Range Who? Status
    A - C Trenloe Text file produced and tested.
    D hawkwind text file completed, Trenloe testing
    E - G Trenloe Text file produced and tested.
    H - Z hawkwind Text file completed, Trenloe testing.

The final text file is attached below for future reference. This was the file used to parse the module.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

First off, tyvm for these. These have made my job soooooo much easier. Just tyvm.

I do have a question though, is there any future plans for doing the beastiary 4 by chance?
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 31st, 2014 at 21:16.

Bestiary 4 - Group effort to put stats together for Creature Parser

Quote Originally Posted by redneckdevil View Post
    I do have a question though, is there any future plans for doing the beastiary 4 by chance?
    It's on the drawing board... I'm in the middle of updating the Creature Parser to include more info (link Universal Monster Rules and Feat descriptions so the GM should have most of the info they need to run a creature within the NPC record) and then I use the parser to create the bestiary modules.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, if u need any help i will definitly help out. I could go in and fill out the sheets myself for ya, dont know how id be able to send to ya though

Quote Originally Posted by redneckdevil View Post
    Awesome, if u need any help i will definitly help out. I could go in and fill out the sheets myself for ya, dont know how id be able to send to ya though
    The great thing with the creature parser is that once you have the creature statblock in a correct format in a text file you can just run the same text file through any later creature parsers to get the new functionality added in.

Current version of the creature parser is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...2-Beta-Version

Soooo, if you (or someone else) is willing to start putting the text statblocks together in a text file (copy/paste from the Bestiary 4 PDF) then that would make things much quicker. If more than one person wants to help then we could split the creatures up by letter.

An example of the format of the text file required by the parser is attached below.

I could then compile all of the various text files together and run it through the latest version of the creature parser to create the module. As I update the creature parser it will allow us to more quickly distribute new features into the modules.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, quick question. I dont have the pdf for the beastiary 4 but i do have the hardbound book. I had already started on ingame file using ingame stat sheets to create quite a few of them due to older modules actually use alot of these. Didnt know i continued to use that sheet ingame, if that would be able to be shared. Its funny how alot of the older modules and the 3.5/pathfinder ones use alot of those from the 4th one lol

here is M to P I'll do some more latter when I get a free moment

I have only tested the letter M in the parser. it worked ok apart from a few special abilities

O - S plus the mod file

T to Z text and mod files

only one letter but its the letter D, note Trenloe check if I have done the dragons right

Thread Information