5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: What we know...

What we know...

Well, here's some interesting information gleaned from the Starter Set reveals across the 'net so far.

Here's what the monster details are going to look like...at least in the starter set...very similar to playtest material with some pretty BIG changes.

Here's that nice new pretty character sheet with a Cleric... https://ow.ly/i/60gQQ/original and page 2 https://ow.ly/i/60gS9/original

Blog Entries
    Looks good. Nice, clean and easy to read. I really have high hopes for this version. Might actually go back to running D&D again after all these years.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; June 27th, 2014 at 06:22.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Here's more, Wizard Character sheet (note, I did say Wizard and NOT Mage...also, it has 1d6 Hit Dice...hmm) and the Starter Set "unboxed". https://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...!#.U639g_mIAhU

Being new to 5E this may be a newb question:

The play test notes have a mage (not a wizard, of course) having 4 spells in his 1st level spellbook - this new Wizard sheet has 6.
    It also has 4 prepared spells where the play test says 1 + mage level = 2.
    [Edit: The next page answers this - it is now level + Int Mod]

Would this be a wizard feature or am I misreading something in the play test notes?
    Last edited by El Condoro; June 28th, 2014 at 01:40.

The hobgoblin became a killing machine...as long as it has friends nearby. I copied this out of my "final monsters" word document that I've been putting together as bits and pieces of the starter set have been found on the net. It is word for word from the original image. Just posting it this way to show the compactness of the stat block in text Challenge Ratings in the new edition are basically how difficult a monster is for an equal level party of 4 adventurers to overcome. So 2 hobgoblins would be a moderate challenge for 4 1st level adventurers (and earn the group 200 xp to split...not bad for 1st level!)

The original image as over at EnWorld as well.

Hobgoblin
    Medium humanoid (goblinoid), lawful evil
    Armor Class 18 (chain mail, shield)
    Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2)
    Speed 30 ft.
    Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
    13 (+1) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 9 (-1)
    Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
    Languages Common, Goblin
    Challenge ½ (100 XP)
    Martial Advantage. Once per turn, the hobgoblin can deal an extra 7 (2d6) damage to a creature it hits with a weapon attack if that creature is within 5 feet of an ally of the hobgoblin that isn’t incapacitated.
    Actions
    Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.
    Longbow. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 150 ft./600 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.
    Hobgoblins are cunning, disciplined warriors who crave conquest. They impose a strict military hierarchy and are often found in the company of goblins and bugbears.

Yeah so, looks like the Mage in the playtest was scrapped altogether. Wizard is where it is and on July 3rd we should have the rules for them in Basic D&D...at least for creation of a single (Evocation) specialization. What you see on that character sheet will be most correct going forward. The Mage will be no more.

Here is what will be included in the D&D Basic Rules released this week: https://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article....d/4ll/20140630

Not bad for $0.00! It's definitely a nice preview to the actual PHB in August.

Thread Information