Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Every think done like everbody told me. libryry > Module aktivation> ther is not my Module in it

Quote Originally Posted by Sarielo View Post
    Every think done like everbody told me. libryry > Module aktivation> ther is not my Module in it
    take a step back. Try it with just one token and see if that works. If it doesn't then remove any copyright images and post your module here so we can look at it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Because it caused me grief, I am adding this ...

Activating token modules (as distinct from other types of modules) should be done from the Tokens button (not the Library button) and then click 'Modules'. All your modules with tokens in them should now appear.

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Because it caused me grief, I am adding this ...

Activating token modules (as distinct from other types of modules) should be done from the Tokens button (not the Library button) and then click 'Modules'. All your modules with tokens in them should now appear.
    +1 This bit me a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's very similar to making other modules within Fantasy Grounds.

Have a look at the format of the tokens modules provided with FG, Animals.mod for example. Note: in windows you may not see the .mod or .zip file extension, you will need to change windows file explorer to show file extensions.

Rename Animals.mod to Animals.zip and unzip into a folder. You'll see:
    • definition.xml - This file contains the name that will appear in FG, ruleset to be used (Any is fine for tokens) and author info. Attached is an example file. Change the <name> (the name of the module as seen in FG) and <author> text as required.
    • Thumbnail.png - this is the small image that appears on the token module activation window.
    • A tokens folder - this where you put all of your token images.
    • Copyright Statement.txt - any appropriate copyright info if you are distributing your module.

Edit definition.xml to show the info you want (name & author), put the token image files you want in the tokens directory, zip up the structure from within the "animals" directory - select the files and the tokens folder and zip them up (right-click and select "Send to" -> "Compressed (Zipped) folder". Then rename animals.zip to <your module name>.mod and copy to the FG modules directory.

If FG is running when you copy the .mod file to the \modules directory, restart it. FG only reads the modules folder when it loads the campaign.
    Good afternoon everyone.

Will this method work if I have multiple subfolders inside the "token" folder? For example, if I create a module for Playable Races and, instead of placing the tokens inside the token folder, I put them in “racial” subfolders (human, elf, dwarf, etc), FG will recognize those folders or is this a no go? I am thinking in something like this:

Playable Races (Module Tokens Main Folder)

-----------> Human (Token Subfolder)
    -----------> Dwarf (Token Subfolder)
    -----------> Elf (Token Subfolder)

I am currently creating a large number of tokens to use in my upcoming 5e campaign, and I am sorting the files in a structure like that, so it would be awesome to have this ready in FG.

Thank you in advance for the help =)

Yes, it will. It will create a token bag for each folder under 'tokens'.

See lettertokens.mod (comes with Fantasy Grounds) for an example of using multiple folders.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi, you can also use PAR5E for creating token and images modules. I found it easier

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Hi, you can also use PAR5E for creating token and images modules. I found it easier
    Image module, maybe, although I'd probably make an image module within the FG interface - quick, easy, can test to see how it works, etc.. This is what I use to make map modules. But, go with what you're comfortable with...

But if you're doing a purely token module - there really isn't anything to it: put all of the token image files in a \tokens directory in the module and have a super basic definition.xml file (basically to give the module a name). You'd spend way more time with PAR5E to create a purely token module.

As I mentioned above, look at the lettertokens.mod modules that comes with Fantasy Grounds, you'll see how simple it is and can replicate that format easily for your own token module.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As I mentioned above, look at the lettertokens.mod modules that comes with Fantasy Grounds, you'll see how simple it is and can replicate that format easily for your own token module.
    I just looked to the module you pointed and you are very right!!! its very simple!!!
    Sorry for not looking first at it and prejudge it was a long and nasty code.

Thanks for insist at it and killing my laziness!!!!

Thread Information