DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

How do I create a Token Module

I am making a set of tokens with all of the WTOC 3.5 artwork. I have my images, i just need to resize them and make a module. Can anyone tell me how to make a token module?

It's very similar to making other modules within Fantasy Grounds.

Have a look at the format of the tokens modules provided with FG, Animals.mod for example. Note: in windows you may not see the .mod or .zip file extension, you will need to change windows file explorer to show file extensions.

Rename Animals.mod to Animals.zip and unzip into a folder. You'll see:
    • definition.xml - This file contains the name that will appear in FG, ruleset to be used (Any is fine for tokens) and author info. Attached is an example file. Change the <name> (the name of the module as seen in FG) and <author> text as required.
    • Thumbnail.png - this is the small image that appears on the token module activation window.
    • A tokens folder - this where you put all of your token images.
    • Copyright Statement.txt - any appropriate copyright info if you are distributing your module.

Edit definition.xml to show the info you want (name & author), put the token image files you want in the tokens directory, zip up the structure from within the "animals" directory - select the files and the tokens folder and zip them up (right-click and select "Send to" -> "Compressed (Zipped) folder". Then rename animals.zip to <your module name>.mod and copy to the FG modules directory.

If FG is running when you copy the .mod file to the \modules directory, restart it. FG only reads the modules folder when it loads the campaign.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 1st, 2016 at 04:45.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am making numerous modules out of the CSUAC tile collection (open source) but I am not sure how to create a legit copyright page with it ... any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by sukEEt View Post
    I am making numerous modules out of the CSUAC tile collection (open source) but I am not sure how to create a legit copyright page with it ... any ideas?
    You can't, based off the CSUAC End User License Agreement: https://www.vintyri.org/CSUAC/EULA.pdf. Particularly item 3b.

The CSUAC collection is free, but it is not in the public domain.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't, based off the CSUAC End User License Agreement: https://www.vintyri.org/CSUAC/EULA.pdf. Particularly item 3b.

The CSUAC collection is free, but it is not in the public domain.
    Thanks Trenloe. You are an infinite source of useful info.

mhh i done everythink like you say:

creaded a ZIP Folder and loadet in the description.xml,the statement ( copied and edited), and a tokens folder with folders for sortig in it. so named it and changed the .zip to .mod. But FG dont show my tokens? in the ledder token modul there is also folders in folders so i think thats not a problem

Sarielo

Quote Originally Posted by Sarielo View Post
    mhh i done everythink like you say:

creaded a ZIP Folder and loadet in the description.xml,the statement ( copied and edited), and a tokens folder with folders for sortig in it. so named it and changed the .zip to .mod. But FG dont show my tokens? in the ledder token modul there is also folders in folders so i think thats not a problem

Sarielo
    Make sure you zip up the file from within the folder where the definition.xml file is (if your file is description.xml rename it to definition.xml). Don't zip by selecting just the containing folder from outside of that folder. That is, open the zip file afterwards and you should see definition.xml straight away, not the containing folder.

Make sure you zip up the file from within the folder where the definition.xml
    Sorry it is definition.xml not Desc. now i try it othervise : taking the definition.xml and the folders with folder ( with the pictures in) and made a zip folder. i Renamed it to XXX.mod and copied in the module folder but it dosen work. there are 20 folders in with much pictrues. Could be that it is to much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarielo View Post
    Sorry it is definition.xml not Desc. now i try it othervise : taking the definition.xml and the folders with folder ( with the pictures in) and made a zip folder. i Renamed it to XXX.mod and copied in the module folder but it dosen work. there are 20 folders in with much pictrues. Could be that it is to much?
    What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Do you see the module in the module activation window (accessed from the token window, not the main library)? Have you made sure you've zipped up like I descriped above?

And restart Fantasy Grounds, it only reads the modules folder when it loads.

Thread Information