DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Druid Question

Blog Entries

Druid Question

Working on my Advanced Race Guide module, and stumbled upon a Druid archetype. I'm wonder how Druid animal companions work in FG. Does the GM give them control of a NPC, or is there a way for the player to create their companion without the GM? The only reason I'm asking is that the archetype has plant companions for druids.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

I think the best way is for the GM to give the player control of an NPC. (I believe there's a module with companions in available here somewhere.) The player could create a whole separate PC for the companion, but that seems like overkill to me.

I use a separate PC for my animal companion. It makes it much easier to switch between the Companion and the Druid and back again; it's easier to edit when the Druid levels adding skills, feats, tricks, etc. to the companion; the player also has access to the companion through manage characters and can export XML if they need to.

Use NPCs when the Druid uses summon natures allies, but use a PC for the animal companion.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I defer to the noble demi-god's greater experience. Animal companions are certainly more complex than familiars, which I do use NPCs for.
    Last edited by Callum; June 12th, 2014 at 15:03.

Blog Entries
    Sounds Good. Thanks for the answers.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Thread Information