STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New World of Darkness Issues

Currently, any campaign, older or even new ones made, cannot load characters. Once clicked on in character selection, only the tiny grey 'close window' box shows up. This was not an issue before the last two updates. Anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by pauljmendoza View Post
    Currently, any campaign, older or even new ones made, cannot load characters. Once clicked on in character selection, only the tiny grey 'close window' box shows up. This was not an issue before the last two updates. Anyone else having this issue?
    The issue is caused due to the code that populates the character sheet relying on the gameline.onUpdate event to trigger. However, if a character sheet has been created before the gameline is being set to the same name and so it doesn't trigger onUpdate - it looks like onUpdate may have changed recently to not trigger if the value being "updated" does not change.

Try this ruleset as a quick hotfix to the issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Darkness.pak

I don't know if there may be other areas of the code that rely on onUpdate working even if the update does not change the underlying value.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know this might sound like a pain in the butt, but is there a specific part of the ruleset that you altered to create the hotfix, and could you perhaps copy-paste it into this thread? We're using a version of the ruleset modified slightly to be GMC Compatible, and we're afraid of losing our changes. If you could say what file(s) where modified and maybe post the snippets, we could place them in our own rules.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT: The ruleset isn't heavily modified, it just changed little things, like the words Morality to Integrity, Experience to Experiences and a little dotcontrol underneath for Beats. So everything is still similar.
    Last edited by leetsepeak; June 13th, 2014 at 20:10.

Quote Originally Posted by leetsepeak View Post
    I know this might sound like a pain in the butt, but is there a specific part of the ruleset that you altered to create the hotfix, and could you perhaps copy-paste it into this thread?
    I added a refresh command to the onInit function in charsheet.xml. The added code is shown in red below:

Code:
      function onInit()
    	local linename;
    	linenode = getDatabaseNode().createChild("gameline","string");
    	linename = linenode.getValue();
    	if linename=="" then
    	  linename = LineManager.getDefaultName();
    	end
    	linenode.onUpdate = refresh;
    	setLine(linename);
    	refresh();
      end
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you so much, it worked, we really appreciate it!

Updated ruleset on wiki/library with Trenloe's patch:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ld_of_Darkness

Regards,
    JPG

Downloaded the ruleset currently available on wiki but got the same issue.

You can create a new character sheet and open it. If you close it you can't open it again.

ULTIMATE LICENSE OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by gandhi39 View Post
    Downloaded the ruleset currently available on wiki but got the same issue.

You can create a new character sheet and open it. If you close it you can't open it again.
    Works fine for me, just did a test with a brand new campaign. Is this on the GM side or the player side? On the player side you need to double-click to select a PC from the character selection window, on the GM side you just single click.

Thread Information