STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Background music/sound effects app now has Paizo Rise of the Runelords support

I've been using Syrinscape for a while now for background music and sound effects during my FG games. I play them as another channel on TeamSpeak.

They now have provided official support for Paizo's Rise of the Runelords adventure path, with the first part available now:

https://store.syrinscape.com/store/p...gs-sound-pack/

The other soundpacks available are very useful in fantasy games in general.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks really interesting... first time I've heard of it. So I see you mentioned you use TeamSpeak.... would this be able to work through Skype Group Calls? How would one go about setting that up to get the sound effects to play through Skype?. If It could work through Skype I would consider getting into this for sure. Not sure if my gaming group would be willing to switch communication programs.... Mmm....

Blast! Maybe if I'm lucky they'll release the final boss fight music before my group gets there.

Cool idea.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonKaine View Post
    Looks really interesting... first time I've heard of it. So I see you mentioned you use TeamSpeak.... would this be able to work through Skype Group Calls? How would one go about setting that up to get the sound effects to play through Skype?. If It could work through Skype I would consider getting into this for sure. Not sure if my gaming group would be willing to switch communication programs.... Mmm....
    I haven't used Skype for a while - does it allow simultaneous broadcast? That is, can one Skype user continuously broadcast (music, for example) and the others still talk over the music? I think when I was using it I could only have one person broadcast at a time, but that might have changed or might just be a setting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just did some research... seem like it's not a feature available to Skype at this time but they are working on it... So from what I gathered I can get a TeamSpeak server with typefrag for about $15 a year for up to 5 people. So hey Trenloe is it very hard to set up the other channel in TeamSpeak to run it through? And when you say channel does that take the place of say 1 of 5 possible people I could have connected or just use some kind of sound channel?

Thanks for any help you can provide as always.

I wish there was a way to do this without the use of some sort of 3rd party voice software. I know Roll 20 has track streaming built in, but I think they are using some sort of add-on library to do it, however it appears to be seamless.

There's a community TeamSpeak 3 server available to use for free: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mSpeak3-Server

For my specific setup I had another old laptop connected as an additional channel on Teamspeak. I like this setup as it allows me to hear exactly what the players are hearing and it also allows the players to each manually adjust the volume to a nice level for them.

Depending on the soundcard on your laptop you can setup "Stereo Mix" to allow you to input into teamspeak what your PC is playing: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3953...-record-audio/ - although you'll have to mute the output of the TS3 client to avoid looping.

Or, if Stereo Mix is not possible, you may need something like Virtual Audio Cable: https://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Or, if you don't have another PC (or virtual PC) to install the TS3 client on you can use some of the TS3 plugins to play through your own TS connection; or use your PC for the background music/SFX channel and use a TS3 client on an iPhone/iPad or Android phone/tablet for your own voice communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
    I wish there was a way to do this without the use of some sort of 3rd party voice software. I know Roll 20 has track streaming built in, but I think they are using some sort of add-on library to do it, however it appears to be seamless.
    I know a lot of people who play on Roll20 but don't use the Roll20 audio they use other software for audio/video - so not sure how good it is, especially for streaming stereo music/sound effects. TeamSpeak has a music codec that works very well at low bandwidths while still providing stereo music/SFX of decent quality.

Also, track streaming wouldn't work with something like Syrinscape, unless I'm mistaken as to how it works...

In the end, using some free third party software to give very good quality voice comms and music/SFX is not an issue at all for me - once you connect it runs in the background anyway. For me I have no requirement to embed some form of voice comms within Fantasy Grounds - let Fantasy Grounds do what it does best; no need to reinvent the wheel, and take away valuable FG dev time, when there are plenty of decent solutions already out there.

Although, if you want it, vote for it on the FG wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ (put "music" in the "I would like to..." box to see a list of the items).
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 7th, 2014 at 00:39.

Wonder if it could work using the TeamSpeak ipad App along with Syrinscape ipad app in place of a laptop... I do have a 2nd PC next to me so I could always rig it up on that but I'd have to lift my butt off the chair every time I want to a adjust the sound... lol

Quote Originally Posted by TalonKaine View Post
    Wonder if it could work using the TeamSpeak ipad App along with Syrinscape ipad app in place of a laptop.
    I've just tried it and the iPad TS3 client takes its input from the microphone. So, unless there is some app that converts speaker output to microphone input I don't think this will work...

Thread Information