STAR TREK 2d20

Random encounter cannot be dropped on party sheet xp window

I'm having trouble where an encounter I created on the fly for a random encounter cannot be dropped onto the party sheet xp window. Any idea what would cause that to fail?

This is in 3.0.4.
    I created the encounter by right click/create in the encounters windows, added the npcs, filled out cr and xp.
    After the fight, dragging either from the link on the encounter itself, or the link in the encounters window seems to populate the xp window.

Dragging encounters into that window from pre-defined module encounters worked fine in the same session.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: Nevermind, it worked. However it dropped the encounter into a random location in the list, instead of at the end where it usually puts them. Weird.
    Last edited by darrenan; June 5th, 2014 at 07:27.

The Encounters and Quests are currently unsorted, which means that the ordering can be random. I should probably change that to sort by name.

Cheers,
    JPG

I would rather have them kept in the order they were dropped, as a kind of chronology. That sounds much harder than sorting by name though (would probably need to add metadata when they were dropped), so I understand if you punt that option.

Exactly. They are essentially sorted by order dropped, but deleting one in the middle of the list creates a hole in the ordering and we can't automatically collapse the ordering because of database path links used all over FG.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information