STAR TREK 2d20

Help with Library Lists

Hi,

I'm poking about in Library modules and I want to create my own for Rise of the Runelords.

Problem is I don't know what I'm looking at! (More specifically - I can't follow the windowreferences properly.) I am looking at the armortables and cannot fathom what is going on.

Is there a help/document for this sort of thing? (where is the window defined, etc)

Sorry if my questions are a bit vague, but I am sinking fast in a mire of xml/lua and I'm drowning, not waving.

TIA

Which library module have you used as your base module to start modifying?

In the PFRPG Basic Rules module that comes with FG, the Armor table is reached through the following:

Within the client.xml file in the PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod file, this is represented by a few different sections. The initial table of contents in the library is presented by the <library><PFBasicRules><entries> section within the client.xml file (some sections reduced to ease reading):

The <armor> entry has been expanded so to see the details. <librarylink type="windowreference"> tells FG that when this link is clicked a new window will be opened. <class>reference_armortablelist</class> tells FG which windowclass to open when this link is clicked, and <recordname>lists.armor@PFRPG Basic Rules</recordname> tells FG where to find the data record to populate the new window.

The windowclass reference_armortablelist is found in the 3.5e ruleset in the ref\ref_equipment_lists.xml file.

Then, the final part, the lists.armor@PFRPG Basic Rules data that is loaded into the armor window. This can get a little complex as it uses windowclasses within windowclasses (and windowlists). But, I'll try and explain... The following shows a section of the <lists><armor> (the lists.armor part of the lists.armor@PFRPG Basic Rules recordname) portion of client.xml:

The immediate entries under <groups> define the grouping - <section001> = Light Armor, <section002> = Medium Armor, <section003> = Heavy Armor (you can see this in the above screenshot as the <description> field in <section003).

Then, within each of these <section00X> entries there are specific entries for each type of armor within that group. Each entry includes the data needed to complete the armor table and a <link> field to open a reference window that provides more details of a specific piece of armor, for example:

Code:
    <link type="windowreference">
    	<class>referencearmor</class>
    	<recordname>reference.armor.splintmail@PFRPG Basic Rules</recordname>
    </link>
    Which opens a new window of windowclass referencearmor and populates it with the data from reference.armor.splintmail@PFRPG Basic Rules:

Which shows up as this when the link is clicked:

Hope the above helps to stop you drowning!
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 29th, 2014 at 05:55.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow, that's awesome, Trenloe! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

JPG

Thanks!

That write up must have taken a while. Kudos to you for putting in the effort (for me.)

However ... I can't find the ref folder in the application area. I have checked in all folders and sub-folders, including rulesets and its sub-folders. Is it buried elsewhere?

Oh I forgot to mention - I had started with "pfsrd equipment" but the example you show from "basic rules" looks like a lot of the other sections that I will want are already in place - I just need to add sections like "NPCs" and "Spells" ...

Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    However ... I can't find the ref folder in the application area. I have checked in all folders and sub-folders, including rulesets and its sub-folders. Is it buried elsewhere?
    It's in 3.5E.pak (the 3.5E ruleset) - PFRPG runs on top of 3.5E and inherits 99.9% of that ruleset.

Change 3.5E.pak to 3.5E.zip and you'll be able to unzip and view the files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool, thanks. I thought I was going mad!

Thread Information