STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thanks Trenloe. I looked at the code generated in the campaign db.xml file and it seemed straight forward. The only thing was the numerics detailing the placement of the tokens. I think I will drop the idea of hand-coding this part and keep it for the session. I'm not confident enough - especially if there's a chance I might lose data! Thanks for the heads up and recommendation.

(BTW the reason for hand-coding is to create Library style elements and avoid filling the campaign with module specific details - when often I just want the module open for reference purposes. I can fill out the campaign with campaign specific info each time I run the adventure path with different groups....)

Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    (BTW the reason for hand-coding is to create Library style elements and avoid filling the campaign with module specific details - when often I just want the module open for reference purposes. I can fill out the campaign with campaign specific info each time I run the adventure path with different groups....)
    In that case just create creature token placements via an encounter and export encounter, images, etc. into a module for you to use later. If you enable shortcuts on your map you can drag the link to the encounter directly onto the map so you have a reference on the map that there is an encounter/token placement at that point on the map and can click the shortcut pin on the map to take you directly to the relevant encounter entry. All of this (shortcuts on the map, encounters with token placement) can all be exported into the module to be loaded when/if you need it in the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Excellent advice again Trenloe. I will look into this. Pinning an encounter is a good idea. I usually pin location descriptions....

I to am just starting this module.. Funny how many of us there are

I have permission to release my Module for Chopper's Isle but then I realised it needed to be made into a library module which means recoding the html.

I can't do anything until Tuesday night next week ... So it will be loaded for community use and comment then.

Tony

I have permission to release my Module for Chopper's Isle but then I realised it needed to be made into a library module which means recoding the html.
    Just make it into a normal module (export as usual from your campaign) - the data will appear in different tabs in the campaign lists. This is how all scenario modules are produced - the data doesn't appear in the library, it appears in the campaign lists. Open the "Well met in Kith'takharos" module that comes with Fantasy Grounds to see an example of this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe. I can do this no problems - I just like the way the Libraries work....

However, saying "that's how all scenario modules are produced" makes me think there is a "house style". Is this so?

Either way I am not back at my desktop until late Tuesday ...

However, saying "that's how all scenario modules are produced" makes me think there is a "house style". Is this so?
    It's all about having similar data in the same place, with using tabs to organise the sections/chapters/modules or whatever. If you're running a campaign you have all of your campaign story entries in the "Story" list. It makes sense to have story entries from scenario modules to be here as well, but in a different tab - then the GM has access to all story entries all in the same place. Similarly for images & maps, NPCs, Items, etc..

Libraries are good for, well, library data - static data that won't change and is a reference library for such data and can be made available to the players at the module level if so desired, rather than sharing an object at a time.

Thread Information