STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Oh, and I have completed the small Chopper's Isle module. Don't know if I'm allowed to share it tho!

Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    @Callum The monsters and items I'm separating out are those in the appendix. All other encounter creatures and items will be in the modules.
    What did you include in Sandpoint? All the NPC (plus images), location descriptions and town map? How about stats for key personnel? Or are you putting these into the Adventure modules?
    I worked from the way it was presented in the RotR Anniversary Edition - so all the stuff from the Sandpoint chapter of that went into my Sandpoint module. I think this means that the only NPC stats included were for the town guard. You could argue that other key Sandpoint NPCs should be included in there, although almost all of them don't have any stats given. I also wasn't sure if they might level up as the AP progressed, so went with putting any NPC stats in the adventure modules as needed.

Oh, and I have completed the small Chopper's Isle module. Don't know if I'm allowed to share it tho!
    I'd love to get a copy of that! You are certainly allowed to share the game mechanics under the OGL - as for the rest, I'd ask Wayfinder's editor, Tim Nightengale (Timitius on the Paizo messageboards) and the Chopper's Isle authors, James B. Cline and Tom Baumbach. They can all be found in this thread on the Paizo boards. You can also contact Wayfinder via email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Callum; June 2nd, 2014 at 12:28. Reason: Adding email address

I'm running ROtRL as well, into book 2 now. My files wouldn't be of much use to u though - plenty of custom changes for my uber party (there are 5 assimars currently), so I have buffed the encounters significantly in places, and created additional rp encounters tailored to my group.

Gave u checked out the threads on paizo boards? Plenty of maps, ideas & additional resources to help u run the campaign.

Speaking of maps - here are three that I threw together in Campaign Cartographer: https://www.cartographersguild.com/m...runelords.html

I gave map 2 to the players in part 1 when Shalelu is briefing the players on the area - I said that she quickly drew it for them.

Map 1 I made them buy in the town.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Syrinscape (background music/sound effects app) now has official Paizo support with Rise of the Runelords soundsets: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...elords-support

This can add an amazing dimension to your RotRL games, and other fantasy RPG games too...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Seems like my post yesterday never made it.

I have hand-coded the module for "The Thing in the Attic". I just need to set up NPCs and Encounters.

Does anyone know of a quick, manual way to place the encounter tokens on a map? I can do this in FG and export the results ... but is there another way? (I'm thinking about the positioning of the tokens....)

Does anyone know of a quick, manual way to place the encounter tokens on a map? I can do this in FG and export the results ... but is there another way? (I'm thinking about the positioning of the tokens....)
    Use the encounter functionality. Once you've setup your encounter, drag the tokens from the "Placement" section to the map. When you deploy the encounter the tokens will be added to the place you pre-populated them automatically (initially not visible to the players) - then you can adjust the position if you need to and make them visible. More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Encounters

Thanks Trenloe. I was wandering if I can do this outside of FG (I'm handcoding the html) but I reckon your response tells me I can't.

But on a second read I suppose I can make dummy placements and then reposition when I want to run the encounter. Or ... I can leave the tokens unplaced and do it when I run the encounter....

Thanks Trenloe. I was wandering if I can do this outside of FG (I'm handcoding the html) but I reckon your response tells me I can't.
    Well, if you really want to hand code FG XML code place some example tokens on the map and open the campaign db.xml file and have a look how the placement XML code is used. But this isn't officially supported and if you make mistakes you could lost data so make sure you back up the data before you manually modify it.

But, remember, tokens placed on the map without a direct link to a combat tracker record are just tokens on the map - targeting, etc. will not work. So, I'd recommend using the encounter functionality...

Thread Information