STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Sounds like you're making good progress Brotherkelly. I'm downloading the new extension and should be able to try it with a player or 2 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Sounds like you're making good progress Brotherkelly. I'm downloading the new extension and should be able to try it with a player or 2 this week.
    If you need any assistance with the rolls, etc then let me know and I will provide some answers or examples.

I have updated my downloads and will give it a trial. Sadly i am in the middle of several games as a player and GM so I won't be able to do a session with this any time son, but the read me has me really excited for the possibilities!

Great work BrotherKelly!

Hey BrotherKelly,

I received this error message when launching the newest v1.2.2 extension. Despite the error, I could still do some testing with my players.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_oob.lua"]:19: table index is nil

the manager_oob.lua script is part of the CoreRPG ruleset and as the error message indicates it's located in the scripts folder. The line mentioned in the error is contained in the body of this function.

function registerOOBMsgHandler(sMessageType, fCallback)
    aOOBMsgHandlers[sMessageType] = fCallback;
    end

When I load the BT:ATOW Data Module I receive these errors in addition to the above error:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_locations)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_organisations)
    Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #57 }
    Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'

I renamed the CoreRPG.pak file so that I could get a new refresh and double checked that my MoreCore.pak ruleset was version 1.55; the latest. I also paged back in this thread to get the link to the latest ATOM Data module file (the file that has the ZIP extension instead of MOD) and re-downloaded it to my \modules folder and renamed the file extension to MOD. I had done next to no customizing on my test AToW campaign, so I deleted it, created a new one and launched it, but I still get the errors.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 3rd, 2020 at 17:38.

Hey BrotherKelly,

I received this error message when launching the newest v1.2.2 extension. Despite the error, I could still do some testing with my players.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_oob.lua"]:19: table index is nil

the manager_oob.lua script is part of the CoreRPG ruleset and as the error message indicates it's located in the scripts folder. The line mentioned in the error is contained in the body of this function.

function registerOOBMsgHandler(sMessageType, fCallback)
    aOOBMsgHandlers[sMessageType] = fCallback;
    end

When I load the BT:ATOW Data Module I receive these errors in addition to the above error:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_locations)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_organisations)
    Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #57 }
    Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'

I renamed the CoreRPG.pak file so that I could get a new refresh and double checked that my MoreCore.pak ruleset was version 1.55; the latest. I also paged back in this thread to get the link to the latest ATOM Data module file (the file that has the ZIP extension instead of MOD) and re-downloaded it to my \modules folder and renamed the file extension to MOD. I had done next to no customizing on my test AToW campaign, so I deleted it, created a new one and launched it, but I still get the errors.
    Hi Kronovan,

I have just run FG with v1.2.2 extension and do not get the error message at launch. What other extensions to you have selected? Maybe one of these is causing a problem. If you could also let me know if the attacker has selected a target, as this may also cause a problem.

Regarding the other messages - ruleset warning, etc. I have been getting these as well when I do a minor tweak and reload the campaign. Doesn't seem to affect the game so I ignore them. I don't get these when I first launch the campaign.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

I am testing some new updates with my group tonight so I may put out an update in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi Kronovan,

I have just run FG with v1.2.2 extension and do not get the error message at launch. What other extensions to you have selected?
    Thanks for replying back. For my AToW campaign I'm only using the "ATOW-v1.2.2.ext" with the MoreCore ruleset, and then loading the "ATOW Data.mod" module. I'm getting those errors even when launching a new, vanilla campaign. If I don't load the ATOW Data module, I only get the 1st error I listed.

Is the latest v1.2.2 extension built upon the MoreCore v1.55 ruleset?

Thanks for replying back. For my AToW campaign I'm only using the "ATOW-v1.2.2.ext" with the MoreCore ruleset, and then loading the "ATOW Data.mod" module. I'm getting those errors even when launching a new, vanilla campaign. If I don't load the ATOW Data module, I only get the 1st error I listed.

Is the latest v1.2.2 extension built upon the MoreCore v1.55 ruleset?
    I have tested it with 1.55 and 1.56.

Are you running FGC or FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Are you running FGC or FGU?
    I'm running FGC Ultimate.

Hi Kronovan,

I am running FGC Standard, although the licence type shouldn't matter.

I now have a new version of the extension (attached). Tested last night with my group. The version has the critical/fumble effect working and also allows for burst fire mode.

If you also use the Data module attached you should have no problems.

The burst fire mode is applied by the GM adding the Burst Fire Effect (from the effects list) and changing the value to match the number of shots the player/NPC is firing. For example if the attacker is firing 5 shots then change Burst Fire; [edit] to Burst Fire; 5.

Let me know how you get on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice! That new v1.2.3 extension and data module got rid of the errors. Will do more testing as soon as I find the time.

Thread Information