DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Blog Entries
    While it's great that you at least kinda opened a line of communication (though it appears to have been one-way?) SmiteWorks tends to frown upon (trust me, that's putting it mildly) us contacting publishers and creators ourselves. If you have a project in mind, especially if you've already done a lot of work on it, contact SmiteWorks support and they will get the ball rolling if the publisher/studio is willing to talk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnatude View Post
    Yeah, there was no further contact with Catalyst, I've reached out to them numerous times.
    Right now I have the core book built on a module format on my own computer, for my own use. Unfortunately I would violate copyright if I shared it.

however it does not stop yourselves from creating your own module, although tedious, you can do it.
    Holy crap man...good to hear from in some form

Yeah SmiteWorks cranky when you go around them... (talking from experience )
    Ultimate License Holder

I am slowly working on the character sheet layout. Plan to upload a screen shot in the next few weeks.

Have completed the first stage of the character sheet layout. See attached file.

The next stage is to figure out how to link the values put in the stats block to the saving throws section. I will generate a detailed file explaining what values go where over the next week or so and post here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am trying to work out how I can link a dice string to a STAT roll on my new character sheet (without duplicating the information via a roll in one of the cas areas) but not making any progress. The 8 key stats for the character have a Score and Modifier - the two numbers shown for each in the attached jpeg. The part of the record_char_more.xml file that handles the value display is (based on the layout for CP2020):

<!-- Dexterity -->
    <stringcontrol name= "label_dexterity">
    <anchored to="statsframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="234,25" width="40"/>
    <font>reference-b-large</font>
    <static>DEX</static>
    </stringcontrol>
    <stringcontrol >
    <anchored to="label_dexterity" width="7" height="20" >
    <top anchor="top" offset="-1" />
    <left parent="label_dexterity" anchor="right" relation="relative" offset="0" />
    </anchored>
    <static>[</static>
    </stringcontrol>
    <numberfield name="dexterityscore" source="stats.dexterity.score">
    <anchored to="label_dexterity" width="20" height="20" >
    </anchored>
    <font>sheettext</font>
    <target>dex</target>
    <rollable />
    <script>
    function action(draginfo)
    local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
    ActionAbility.performRoll(draginfo, rActor, self.target[1]);

return true;
    end

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
    return action(draginfo);
    end

function onDoubleClick(x,y)
    return action();
    end

function onValueChanged()
    local vMod = -4;
    local nStatScore = getValue();
    Debug.console("Score = ", nStatScore);
    if nStatScore > 9 then
    vMod = 2;
    elseif nStatScore > 6 then
    vMod = 1;
    elseif nStatScore > 3 then
    vMod = 0;
    elseif nStatScore > 1 then
    vMod = -1;
    elseif nStatScore > 0 then
    vMod = -2;
    else
    vMod = -4;
    end

Debug.console("DEX Mod: ", vMod);
    window.getDatabaseNode().getChild("dexteritymod"). setValue( vMod );
    end
    </script>
    </numberfield>
    <stringcontrol >
    <anchored to="label_dexterity" width="10" height="20" >
    </anchored>
    <static>/</static>
    </stringcontrol>
    <numberfield name="dexteritymod" source="dexteritymod">
    <anchored to="label_dexterity" width="20" height="20" >
    </anchored>
    <font>sheettext</font>
    <target>dex</target>
    </numberfield>
    <stringcontrol >
    <anchored to="label_dexterity" width="10" height="20" >
    </anchored>
    <static>]</static>
    </stringcontrol>

The <script> section deals with the dice rolling and calls the Manager_Action_Ability.lua file (again taken from the CP2020 extension by Superteddy). I would like the /battled6 dice string to be used instead (the current dice roll is an exploding d10) with the Stat Score being used to add to the d2006 & d6 used in the Battled6 string, with a target number specified by a variable (in this case it would be 12). I tried renaming the custom_mananger_battled6.lua to manager_action_ability.lua but this doesn't work and have been struggling to figure out how to pass all the variables across.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to acheive this?

If more information is needed then let me know and I will post here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since you are using my code, then you would have to dig deeper to the ActionAbility lua script as when you double click on the control it sends the data to that script to do the roll. A good place to start on how to work with actions would be here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...(dice-rolling)

The original ActionAbility was based off this tutorial
    Last edited by superteddy57; January 25th, 2020 at 17:08.

Thanks, I will check the link out.

I am progressing slowly with this. Gradually building up all the variables needed to make it work.

Sorted. Thanks Suoerteddy for giving me some pointers. The link was most useful.

Will put out a further update with the extension for people to check out and comment on.

What got me started was most of Trenloe's guides and learning 3.5E ruleset and how all the parts interacted with each other. If you see something you like in a ruleset and want to replicate it, then find it in the code and find where else it calls to and so forth. FG is very lego like in that regard.

Thread Information