DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

need some advice on which program to use

First off, first post i want to first thank this community for all your help. Theres quite a few here who have spent some time helping me out with getting started and i want to thank yal. Second, i want to say thank you to the developers of this program because not only have they cured my GM burnout and ignited a new fire to GM again but also have given me a way to game with some friends who have moved away and cannot game in their location.

Ok now thanks to some friends for giving me some bootcamp in how to use the program (RustyAngel and SirMcJingles) and thanks to them believe i have a good grasp on things.

Right now my biggest thing i need to figure out right now is what program do i need to extract pictures and data from my campaign pdfs from paizo. To grab images and maps off it and what not and be able to place into my campaign.
    So im asking advice to what program can i use to do what im wanting to do and if possible if the program is free.

Tyvm in advance.

I use FoxIT PDF Reader, but the Abode one will suffice. You use the snapshot tool.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Tyvm for the response.
    now i do have have adobe and can use the snapshot, unfortuantly it saves it to my clipboard. I am running wins 7 and while wins 7 has a clipboard, for some atrange reason does not have a clipboard reader...go figure lol.

Now will the Fox program let u save what u take to certain files or does it save clipboard as well?

Open any graphics program and paste in to that. If nothing else, Paint works.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Ty soooo much! Woot now i can get started prepping my campaign. Tyvm

You might find this thread useful - specific to creating FG campaigns from Paizo PDFs: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Tyvm trenloe, great read and good to know once i finish my morning of extracting and editing pictures and maps i know my next step is to getting around to playing and understanding the parser. :-) tyvm for that link.

Also i have the carrion crown pdfs, so its my understanding i can use those pdfs in MY game but i cannot send those files to someone else for THEIR game correct?

with regard to extracting images and maps in particular, nowadays if you have a up to date version of adobe reader you can just select the map in the pdf and copy it and you get a nice vtt friendly version with no room numbers or text on it, paste it in to MS paint save as jpg and you are done

Quote Originally Posted by redneckdevil View Post
    Also i have the carrion crown pdfs, so its my understanding i can use those pdfs in MY game but i cannot send those files to someone else for THEIR game correct?
    Correct. The PDFs are covered by copyright and so they are just for your use.

Certain aspects of the PDF are covered by the Open Gaming License (OGL) and this data can be distributed. In practice, however, for the adventure paths this is primarily the NPC statblocks so you wouldn't want to send them to the players!

There is a free players guide: https://paizo.com/products/btpy8j0q?...-Players-Guide You may want to give a quick scan through that before giving your players the go ahead - for some GMs the AP players guides can give too much info up front, the Carrion Crown guide doesn't give much away though.

I'm currently running Carrion Crown on Fantasy Grounds, we're into the second book. The creature stats should parse pretty much straight out of the PDF - but PM me if you have any issues.

These maps might come in handy once the PCs leave Ravengro: https://www.cartographersguild.com/m...ion+crown.html

I also put together a campaign interlude based off the brief mention of Clovers Crossing in the "Rule of Fear" campaign setting book: https://www.cartographersguild.com/m...+crossing.html I put together an FG module that includes the maps and some creature stats for this, let me know if you're interested and I can send you it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    with regard to extracting images and maps in particular, nowadays if you have a up to date version of adobe reader you can just select the map in the pdf and copy it and you get a nice vtt friendly version with no room numbers or text on it, paste it in to MS paint save as jpg and you are done
    Good advice.

Starting with the Carrion Crown AP, Paizo provided separate PDFs with "interactive maps" that allow you to hide the labels and the grid if you so desire. With these PDFs you can't extract the images directly (at least I haven't found a way to do it) you'll need to use the snipping tool that comes for free with Windows (not XP) to "snip" the portion of the PDF you want and save as a JPG for use in FG - zoom in the PDF view so that you can get a good resolution.

Thread Information