5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    No, not even using the 3 built-in ones - the wood, metal pro and dungeon. And I've downloaded no others.

It worked prior to the last 2 patches.

Not only that, what it does is that it adds the new little "delete NPC' button, and whether you use that button or do a right-click and do a delete that way, it gives you the error code and sets the NPC back to full health like it's a brand new NPC. And I've also deleted all extensions out of the extension folder and tried it, with the same result.

Is there a way to manually remove them from a file?

Below is the console log:

[29.06.2014 21:32:39] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
    [29.06.2014 21:32:39] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
    [29.06.2014 21:32:40] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
    [29.06.2014 21:32:43] Runtime Notice: Host session started
    [29.06.2014 21:33:58] Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:109: attempt to call field 'deleteReference' (a nil value)
    [29.06.2014 21:34:04] Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:109: attempt to call field 'deleteReference' (a nil value)
    [29.06.2014 21:34:29] Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:109: attempt to call field 'deleteReference' (a nil value)
    [29.06.2014 21:36:23] Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:109: attempt to call field 'deleteReference' (a nil value)
    [29.06.2014 21:38:36] Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    [29.06.2014 21:43:36] Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    [29.06.2014 21:48:36] Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Last edited by Nyiri_Hawkwing; June 29th, 2014 at 22:51.

I went into ct_entry.lua under the 4E rulesets. I commented out lines 106 through 110, has something to do with removing the icon from the combat board as well as the NPC from the tracker. This allowed me to remove the NPC's from the tracker now. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I removed the tokens from the combat map before removing the NPC from the combat tracker. So I can remove them now, but that's still a problem if I leave it commented in.

I tried it again, leaving the token on the combat board and also without putting a token on the combat board and it will not let me remove an NPC with those lines in the code.
    Last edited by Nyiri_Hawkwing; June 29th, 2014 at 23:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyiri_Hawkwing View Post
    I went into ct_entry.lua under the 4E rulesets. I commented out lines 106 through 110, has something to do with removing the icon from the combat board as well as the NPC from the tracker. This allowed me to remove the NPC's from the tracker now. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I removed the tokens from the combat map before removing the NPC from the combat tracker. So I can remove them now, but that's still a problem if I leave it commented in.
    Looking at my 3.0.5 version of 4E there is no such code at lines 106 - 110. This sounds like you still have an older version of the 4E ruleset installed on your system.

In your <FG Data App>\rulesets directory is there a directory called 4E as well as the 4E.pak file?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, there is a 4E directory and a 4E.pak file. The 4E.pak file is 4.752 meg, although it shows yesterday's update that I did for both the 4E directory and the 4E.pak file date of 6/28 (when I last hit the "update" button).

The ct_entry.lua file shows a date of 5/27/14 at 4:50 pm and is only 9k in size.

I just deleted the 4E.pak and the 4E directory then did the patch again and it put the 4E.pak back in, did not put in the 4E directory and everything seems to be working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyiri_Hawkwing View Post
    I just deleted the 4E.pak and the 4E directory then did the patch again and it put the 4E.pak back in, did not put in the 4E directory and everything seems to be working fine.
    The 4E directory would have been for an old 4E ruleset. FG uses a ruleset directory with the same name as a .pak file before it uses the .pak ruleset. But, FG only updates the .pak file - so be careful if you ever unzip a ruleset to the ruleset directory as this will then be a permanent change to that ruleset, the best way to stop this happening is to rename the directory to something like 4E_MyRules or something like that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the help. It's been kind of fun looking through the stuff to that detail while trying to figure this one out.

Thread Information