FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Castles & Crusades ~ Character Repository

It's been mentioned that we could use some pre-generated characters for new CKs to download and put to immediate use.

Here are a few from my Greyhawk campaign that are no longer in play.

If this topic gets any traffic, may want to make it a Sticky.
    Last edited by JohnD; May 19th, 2014 at 02:15.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Since necro-ing topics seems to be my thing, and since C&C is about to get a little attention from a few community developers ::cough:: I thought I'd start things off by compiling JohnD's pregens he was kind enough to donate into a module that loads them into the actual pregen frame instead of having to manually import an XML file because who knows where those things crawl off to in the middle of the night?

By all means, feel free to take this and expand upon with it new pregens.

Changelog:

9/24/16 Add pregens by @damned, sorted all pregens by level in library, added letter tokens, removed player names
    9/21/16 Switch database filename to db.xml per @Trenloe's suggestion.

Known Issues:
    - These appear to be older pregens and not all links (items, spells, weapons, etc.) properly link to the new PHB
    Last edited by Talyn; September 24th, 2016 at 19:17.

Very cool. I'd recommend making the common.xml file a db.xml file. Only GMs can import pregens, not players - so having it automatically blocked from sharing would be a good idea to stop any confusion. client.xml and common.xml doesn't mean anything special anymore anyway, db.xml should be the defacto module database filename.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 21st, 2016 at 22:54. Reason: Referring to common and client.xml properly
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I thought about that myself but the only other pregen .mod I have used common so I mimicked that. New version incoming shortly! lol

Blog Entries
    Nice. I should have some more lying around... will look.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    And a couple more...

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    New version uploaded. Added the pregens that @damned donated. I sorted the entire list of pregens by level, added the generic letter tokens to each, and removed the original player names.

NOTE: I've already noticed that not all linked items/abilities properly link to the new PHB but I did not attempt to fix those.

Blog Entries
    I will note that my characters were made some time before I submitted them - I probably would provide more thorough versions now. Will have to take another look through my old character vault.

- John Diefenbaker

I just finished creating an entire party and was trying to compare AC to some of these Pregens. I have a few questions. One why do helms offer more to AC than the armor does. Two none of the PCs I looked at so far have very High AC, one character does have AC 18. Do you (all) limit the availability of armor at game start. or maybe your PCs couldn't afford them? last question I can think of, All shields (save one) offer AC 1. I imagine many DMs may use the size to mitigate damage over a larger area but I'm not really sure where to begin or why to carry the weight of a larger shield.

Thread Information