FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Effects

Effects

I have read through the Effects sections for the CT and for the 4E ruleset and anywhere I could find. However, I am still struggling! If someone has the time and patience or can point me to an online tutorial I would be very grateful.

I tend to work best with specific examples, so

• Exactly what do I have to do to apply the 'Prone' state to an actor in the CT? I thought maybe this was coded into the ruleset and so I applied an effect called 'Prone' to a PC and attacked it - nothing. I then tried to edit the campaign Effects but still no luck - I am missing something really basic here!

• If it is possible, how do I apply the Kruthik 'Gnashing Horde' aura attack automatically? I know I can see the aura by hovering the mouse over the word in the CT entry and can drag the damage onto affected PCs but can it be done automatically at the end of a PC turn adjacent to Kruthiks?

If I can work through these examples and get the basics nailed, I think I can then progress.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Exactly what do I have to do to apply the 'Prone' state to an actor in the CT? I thought maybe this was coded into the ruleset and so I applied an effect called 'Prone' to a PC and attacked it - nothing. I then tried to edit the campaign Effects but still no luck - I am missing something really basic here![/LIST]
    Prone should look like this:

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I tested the other Statuses and they seem to be OK, too. One down. Now the more complex stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    If it is possible, how do I apply the Kruthik 'Gnashing Horde' aura attack automatically? [...] can it be done automatically at the end of a PC turn adjacent to Kruthiks?
    AFAIK, it's not possible to apply auras automatically. Although I'd really like to be wrong

I don't think it's possible, either. From my understanding of how effects work the aura damage is done by the kruthik but it is triggered at the end of the player's turn, so it is not the current actor's (PC) effect. I was thinking - for FG only - to make it that the aura damage was done by the kruthik in the kruthik's turn to all in the aura range (so it's technically an attack, rather than an effect) but I'm not sure how to do that and also I think that disadvantages the kruthik.
    Last edited by El Condoro; May 18th, 2014 at 00:03.

Aura automation is not supported. It requires some fairly detailed coding, and integration with other portions of the 4E ruleset. If any ambitious community developer figures it out, I'll be very happy to add it in.

Also, add a feature request (or vote for an existing one) from the link in my sig.

Cheers,
    JPG

Yeah, it would be pretty tricky. I think a grid that can be accessed by code references would be needed (as distinct from a simple graphical overlay). Then an aura effect would be attached to a token, which is tied to the grid reference, as would all the PC tokens. At the end of a PC move the token grid reference checks if its in an aura and applies the damage pulled from the aura source grid reference's token. Just thinking out loud but I hear you - not an easy task.

There is already an aura request from moon_wizard 'under consideration'.

Cheers

lokiare1 was looking at doing a 4E zones extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Zone-Extension As has been mentioned above it is a pretty complex task and the thread hasn't been updated for over 2 months.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information