DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    You need to edit the creature and type in an actual attack.

Long Sword +3 (1d8+2), Short Bow +2 (1d6)

For example... will give you two fields you can click on to attack and then roll damage if hit.

Also wonder if you are working with the most updated version of C&C rules. You can't drag/drop to creatures but you should be able to drag every weapon and equipment entry to a character's inventory tab and have appropriate entries on the Combat tab auto populate.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks johnD, I completely removed everything and reinstalled from scratch, books are updated now with those links. Dont know what the problem was before. STILL can't create a character. Have the monster attacks working now with your advice, but can I not just drag long sword into the box or must it be typed?

Anyway I can create a character with a local host connected to my campaign, but not with the character manager. Posted about it in steam forum so we'll see what they say there. Everything else is working great now. You guys are the best

Do spells have to be set up in the same way? A wizard with spells in his book, say magic missile, do i create a 150 ft d4+1 ranged combat attack then manually tick my spells as cast or is there a better way?

last question for tonight haha

Quote Originally Posted by Verbalcody View Post
    Also how can I stop players from being able to request moves with NPC tokens?
    Make sure you place the NPC on the combat tracker and drag the token from the NPC entry on the combat tracker to the map. This will link the token to the specific entry and allow things like targeting, damage applying, etc..

To stop players moving NPC tokens, change the NPC "faction" on the combat tracker to neutral (yellow face) or unfriendly (red face). Players can only move friendly faction tokens or tokens added to the map that aren't linked to a combat tracker entry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Have the monster attacks working now with your advice, but can I not just drag long sword into the box or must it be typed?
    For NPCs this must be typed. NPCs don't support item dragging.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Anyway I can create a character with a local host connected to my campaign, but not with the character manager. Posted about it in steam forum so we'll see what they say there. Everything else is working great now. You guys are the best
    Frankly you'll get better answers to your questions here - there are a lot of people with years of experience using the software and the vast majority of us are ready and willing to help!

For Magic Missile you should be able to drag the spell over to the appropriate tab on your character sheet from the PHB. I make a custom weapon entry called Magic Missile (duh) and the appropriate damage.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    We ought to get together and create a spells module that lets all damage inflicting spells as weapons so they can be dragged in as weapons to facilitate spells in combat.

I got my character creation stuff all sorted, my mix of steam and non steam files were giving me grief and i needed to wipe it all and download it all again to one folder

i couldnt seem to drag and drop spells to the combat area (weapons ok, spells no) but making a custom entry worked well. I have 3 new users to fantasy grounds who i made buy licenses so i just want the playing side to be easy as it can for them. Ill check again when i get home if i can drag spells, makes it much easier

thanks so much for all the help i'll probably be back with more questions since my first session is on monday and im still trying to manage to learn and run a campaign at the same time

i couldnt seem to drag and drop spells to the combat area (weapons ok, spells no) but making a custom entry worked well. I have 3 new users to fantasy grounds who i made buy licenses so i just want the playing side to be easy as it can for them. Ill check again when i get home if i can drag spells, makes it much easier
    You need to drag spells to the spell tab, not the combat tab.

More info available in the C&C User Guide in the wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/User_Guides

The character sheet is covered here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...haracter_Sheet

Thread Information