DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Noob info wotc books

Hi i'm new here so im a bit over my head right now, i was wondering i want to do a game but i want my players to use my libris mortis book from dungeon his there a way to do that? or do i have to create a module. Please help thanks alot

Blog Entries
    Hey @Ronnjr008 - Welcome aboard!

You can do this in a couple of ways - the easiest will be to just have you and your players just add the specific content you need as you need it. If you just need a few things this will be much easier.
    Creating a module requires some patience, a little XML skill and a lot of cutting and pasting and formatting.

As the content is also copyright you wont be able to share your module once its completed either...

I assume this is what you're referring to? https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Publication:Libris_Mortis

As damned says, if you don't 100% access to all of the items in a library entry in Fantasy Grounds then the best way would be to add then in as you need them - manually add the feats to a PC when they select them, manually add the spell details when a PC/NPC selects the spell, adjust the PC as necessary if they use one of the prestige classes.

Probably the most important entries would be spells - as these would take a while to enter. You might consider pre-compiling a spells module with the spells you are allowing the PCs to use (or the ones you think they might use). Unfortunately, this is a very manual process and requires editing of the module at the XML level - essentially, opening the current 3.5e Spells module and adding in the "spell code" in XML into that module. If you are familiar with XML (or you are willing to learn) and you don't mind a lot of copy/paste and formatting then this might be the way for you. If you're only going to be using the odd entry from Libris Mortis then you are best manually adding them into FG as and when you need them - most of this information is for reference anyway, so if you have it available to refer to in the book then you sometimes don't need all of the details in Fantasy Grounds - very often just the title will do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We have recurring discussions with WotC about licensing their older data every year, but they generally do not allow electronic licensing of their data.

Thus, the reason this data needs to be added directly by users.

Regards
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hmmm... I wonder if your Steam launch might make it more tempting for them.
    You have an excellent record of protecting your IP etc and not violating other peoples copyrights - its not like people will suddenly be distributing electronic copies of the source books...
    Hmmm actually - I wonder if there is any protection/reporting of DLCs to allow them to only run on the licensed machine?

I'm sure we'll be hitting Paizo and Wizards both again at Gencon.

Cheers,
    JPG

Wow nice!

Thank you all for the fast replys, i'm happy to notice first hand that the community is live and kicking )

Thread Information