5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Let's try and avoid Family oriented Holidays next time... they tend to get gamers into trouble... even so we had a good turn out.
    Agreed.

Let's try and avoid Family oriented Holidays next time... they tend to get gamers into trouble... even so we had a good turn out.
    We'll do our best - but it is very hard to avoid weekends without a special event in certain countries (it wasn't Mother's Day in every country) or that doesn't include a daylight savings change. Someone, somewhere, usually has to miss out...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Certainly true.

Did we get any statistics on where and when we were reaching people with this go around? Obviously we have a bit more draw in English speaking countries.. not that there is any intent to exclude other ones.. but since the boards are primarily in English.. it's much easier to draw from those areas. I know there were a few more games into the 'all hours' range this time around... although we still had certain times that were MUCH stronger than others. Can we get a picture of which time zones players are in so that we can schedule accordingly next time around?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    With the influx of new players and interest arising from Steam it would be good to capitalise on this with another FG Con sooner but Trenloe and I are not quite ready to do it just yet. Possibly after the next one we might move to a 4 month schedule but we still have a fair few things to implement from the last FG Con.

Far and away the players were still mostly from North America, the UK and Australia but there were smatterings of players from other parts of Europe and Asia too.

Not everyone has entered TZ data in their profiles still! We are working to make this a login requirement... There are over 300 registered participants - closer to 400 in fact. But we had only around 150 actual participants in FG Con 4. We will be sending out semi regular updates via newlsetter and working at a better integration of the TZ settings into Events Manager. I think the timing of events was fine. We still had a few more events that didnt quite get the numbers but we still ran a lot more sessions than FG Con3. Thursday was a wash in my opinion. We only had 2 events run on the Thursday - on in AUS TZ and one in UK TZ.

Well us GM's should capitalize on the forums, especially on the Steam Forums for announcements, I've seen games making announcements via developers, Perhaps Doug could pop one up (Steam startup popups) with an announcement of FG going Ultimate for free during the Con time.
    ULTIMATE License GM

IVE BEEN HERE FOREVER!

Traveller, C&C, Cypher System!

AKA: ☆𝟚𝟠𝕞𝕞ℝℙ𝔾☆ Youtube

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thursday was a wash in my opinion. We only had 2 events run on the Thursday - on in AUS TZ and one in UK TZ.
    Actually, because of relative Time Zones.. your data is a bit skewed on this. I actually ran a game here in the US on Thursday.. and I am not sure that I was the only one... keep in mind that Thursday doesn't start until half a day later here than it does where you are... so our Thursday is your Friday.

This is of course where the whole thing becomes confusing. :S

Blog Entries
    Actually, because of relative Time Zones.. your data is a bit skewed on this. I actually ran a game here in the US on Thursday.. and I am not sure that I was the only one... keep in mind that Thursday doesn't start until half a day later here than it does where you are... so our Thursday is your Friday.

This is of course where the whole thing becomes confusing. :S
    Even the UK event was on my Friday Sorry I missed your event in my count! Did you think the extra day was worthwhile? Fizban made good use of it running his 3 part event over Thu/Fri/Sat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnatude View Post
    Well us GM's should capitalize on the forums, especially on the Steam Forums for announcements, I've seen games making announcements via developers, Perhaps Doug could pop one up (Steam startup popups) with an announcement of FG going Ultimate for free during the Con time.
    What is a Steam popup?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Even the UK event was on my Friday Sorry I missed your event in my count! Did you think the extra day was worthwhile? Fizban made good use of it running his 3 part event over Thu/Fri/Sat.
    I'm not sure. My Thursday event was full so that wasn't an issue, but it seemed like there was a much more limited time frame than on the weekend days... There were a ton of events in that one slot.. Saturday afternoon? 3pm US Eastern Time... I think... 5am Sunday in Melbourne... that was when the most events were scheduled... for whatever reason that was the time the GMs picked. The slot after that was also very strong. With all the others being varying degrees of 'less so'.
    Was that a response to players or just the GM availability? I'm guessing more so the latter than the former... but obviously.. without GMs there are no games at all.

Other than the organised PFS games we don't specify any slot times to GMs. We recommend GMs look at the currently booked events and work their game in around those (overlapping 2 games is the worst as this reduces the games the players can go to). As we have GMs all over the world and GMs who run different length games, we don't think it is a good idea to have hard-fast slot times so it remains up to the GMs when they book their event. I don't see this changing.

Very few GMs changed their event time once it was booked.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information