DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This was available in the same place in FG Con IV - you had to go to your console -> events -> bookings to see the players that were booked into the same events as you.
    I agree this was clunky and wasn't what I saw in the last con. In the last FGCon, the user IDs were visible when you viewed the event. No gymnastics. If you could pull up that revision or the change history, you might be able to spot it and port it back in.

I believe they appeared between in the event description between the Booked/Pending/Available info and the description of the game. Wish I had an old screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by d1wright View Post
    I believe they appeared between in the event description between the Booked/Pending/Available info and the description of the game. Wish I had an old screenshot.
    I honestly don't remember that. Anyway, it's not there now.

Again - if it is easy to enabled/put in we might consider it for the next convention.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure it was there last time as d1wright says... I was disappointed to see that feature gone... how much of the Event page is custom?
    I suppose if all else.. the GMs could insert the list in as Comments (which is what I did this time) or as an update to the Event Description.

Anytime you go to the 'Dashboard' the system becomes clunky. I don't know what it looks like as a player but there is a lot of navigating around in there.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Hopefully it is just an option that we missed when we had to rebuild the website. If it is missing in the current version of the events manager then we will see if it is easy to customise the event page to add this functionality back in. But, as has been mentioned before, we already do a lot of customisation to allow time zone support and it is a pain in the rear to put these customisations back into the system when there is a major upgrade to the 2 main areas we use (usually this occurs 2-3 times a year). To be perfectly honest, if we get 80-90% there and all we're missing are a few "nice to haves" that would take a lot of work to do then that is where we'll stay.

Please keep making constructive suggestions, but also please don't be insulted if we don't implement them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    ...(usually this occurs 2-3 times a year)...
    You mean pretty much every time we run a Con.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    You mean pretty much every time we run a Con.
    There is usually many more updates but we tend to only update in the prep stages for FG Con and then have to re build the customisation.
    Im almost positive that there was no way for players to see who else is booked for a session in FG Con 3.

Blog Entries
    Ok - I have added booked and pending usernames to the Event detail pages. Ill work on the formatting but the display info is there now. You can view it here: https://www.fg-con.com/fg-con/v4/

Not huge amounts of the coding is custom - just the bits we use! No, not quite. There are enough mods though that make it a factor.
    Some of the features people are asking for we need to pay for.

As to the event setup part being clunky - honestly - it is a little but think about all the info that is required - what info are you entering that isnt required?

We are seriously considering for next event that Team FG Con will enter the game details for the GMs to ensure 100% consistency - we will create a simpler form for you to complete and we will deal with the clunky.

About - overbookings - this puts further onus on GMs to communicate often and regularly - if we allow over bookings you must also email over-bookings a couple of hours beforehand and at start time to inform them in/out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok - I have added booked and pending usernames to the Event detail pages. Ill work on the formatting but the display info is there now. You can view it here: https://www.fg-con.com/fg-con/v4/
    This looks great... the only thing I might suggest is using User names instead of actual names for privacy purposes... but otherwise this looks like just the thing.

Blog Entries
    Is it time for FGCON V yet?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Let's try and avoid Family oriented Holidays next time... they tend to get gamers into trouble... even so we had a good turn out.

Thread Information